• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mullet Hunter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    What is the best option as far as magazines go for the Saiga 12. I have 1 stick mag that works well. The other stick mag I have as well as the 120rounds drum are junk. If anyone has discovered a reliable brand please let me know. Thanks…

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I think all of mine are ProMag, a stick (unused), a 12rd drum and larger one but don't remember the round count (20?). I have not fired mine since I got it and it was pretty much unfired when I did. I will try to load up the 2 drums this weekend and run some skeet birds with it :D and report back to you to make sure they function.

Hard for me to believe the guy had them if they didn't work well...he would have thrown one in the trash if it didn't.

Grits1/5

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    I use mostly Surefire magazines, and they have worked well for me. I have pro mag drums and they aren’t particularly reliable, although fun when you can get a full drum dump at the range. I used to have an MD Arms drum and it ran perfectly. I typically avoid anything made by pro mag, I bought a few of their drums because the MD arms drums were discontinued and expensive. I think I’ve used some AGM mags that worked well too.
    To be honest, I’m about ready to part with my Saiga 12, although I’ve had one since they were first imported. It’s a fun range toy, but not reliable except with buck/slug. The detachable magazines and drums are cool, but I find magazines any larger than 5-8 rds really get in the way. A cool thing about my SF magazines, is that they are designed to be able to be cut down. Probably my biggest beef about the Saiga 12 is that you can’t store them loaded. The top shell deforms under pressure, and usually won’t feed. So it’s a fun blaster at the range, but I’ll probably be trading it in on a Benelli m4.
    If anyone has tips or tricks to make me love my Saiga 12 again, I’m happy to hear them. I loved it for years, but I feel that the fun wore off, lol.
    Give the Surefire mags a try though.

Top Bottom