• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fathertime

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have the Sig srd762 on mine very quiet and the maintenance is easy just soak and dry.

Fathertime

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Hard to answer because I haven’t compared it to any other one’s but doesn’t seem heavy or bulky. I did put a Midwest Industries rail on it to give it more balance and real estate. It is fun to shoot.
    87FBA2B2-53FA-4409-84AC-1E2D30D906D3.jpeg

Attachments

• FFF208F0-FAF7-4BA5-8828-5C90C2009336.jpeg
      FFF208F0-FAF7-4BA5-8828-5C90C2009336.jpeg
      48.6 KB · Views: 142
    Last edited:

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sig stopped making the SRD and all their previous offerings. The best thing about it was the built in direct thread that worked with the MCX barrel taper. Size and weight were middle of the road but the larger diameter helped with more volume which is going to help with suppression.

There's no shortage of good options out there. Sig's 3d printed stuff is coming. Dead Air Nomad hits a lot of the sweet spots. Q has some nice, large volume offerings. YHM has some new "value" priced cans that have gotten some solid reviews. Vox S is light and strong and a little cheaper than some of the bigger names. If you're going to stick with subs, that opens the door for some heavier 9mm cans but I'd personally stick with a rifle can for a rifle caliber.

I'd make sure anything you get has the 1.375x24 back end. That's going to give you tons of options for mounting. The Q cherry bomb and plan B offer some of the benefits of the taper mounting and hit a nice balance between QD and direct thread. I wouldn't worry about "belt fed" ratings unless you're one of the few people that shoots enough on short barreled and/or machine guns for that to matter.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom