• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flow

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If you're on a budget, I was really happy with my cheaper UTG pro side rail mount. Got it shipped for less than $45 from opticsplanet and it is USA made. Always returned to zero after removing and installing. That way you can take the money you saved and get a swankier optic!

The AK gets an unfair rap for accuracy. It may not have 300 locking lugs like an AR but I never find myself not hitting what I'm trying to.
    Does it center the optic well? I've heard some mounts offset from center just a hair. I've been looking at the 3x prism from PA with acss reticle so I wouldn't mind saving some bucks

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Does it center the optic well? I've heard some mounts offset from center just a hair. I've been looking at the 3x prism from PA with acss reticle so I wouldn't mind saving some bucks
    In the real world and on a service rifle, moving and shooting at man size targets that are moving with a rifle that has an optic not exactly centered over a receiver is ok. It's a moot point. It could be hanging off the side a whole inch or two away from the receiver and it wont matter on a man size target that's a foot and a half wide, moving or not, at any distance. But yes, I understand it could be just a matter of personal comfort. American sniper rifles were made this way not that long ago.
    Screenshot_20210420-014711_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I had the adjustable height UTG rail on a STG-2000 for several years and I liked it. For the money, couldn't beat it. I actually bought and sold that STG-2000 twice! I just couldn't let go of it!
    I wish I could find a modern quality optic with modern quality multi coated glass on a 1-6× adjustable with a glass etched PSL range finding reticle and a lifetime warranty... oh, and lighted with radioactive crap and shake-awake 3 volts... to mount on a seperate quality modern side rail... I might be asking too much, I know. Anybody know of one anywhere? Somebody could make a mint if they wanted to produce what AK owners actually wanted

Last edited:
    Top Bottom