• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Capt. Dave

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Yes, I agree…. For some reason their eye relief is tremendous for me….
    Also, I got the bolt action… Easy to clean… Any thoughts on the vortex?
    I’m a Vortex fan boy. Don’t look at anything less than a Viper. You get what you pay for in glass. Btw, Leupold is great glass too as well as Trijicon.

RYCatman

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yes, I agree…. For some reason their eye relief is tremendous for me….
    Also, I got the bolt action… Easy to clean… Any thoughts on the vortex?

Leuopld is great and customer service is top notch. I have several.

The Vortex Diamondback Tactical is a great option as well. I have a 6-24x50 FFP on my cz457 and it’s awesome for the price! Also have one on a Browning 308 deer rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BowChamp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dang, tell me where your dumpster diving!
    Was working on an old house that was being cleaned out. While throwing trash out...I noticed a barrel sticking out from under some of the trash at the bottom of the dumpster. So...I crawled in and dug it out...along with a marlin 30-30 and a remington 760 in 30/06.

I ask the Elderly Lady in charge if they were suppose to be in the dumpster.

She said....everything goes.....They were her dead husband's and not sure if they even work.....If you see something you want, take it with you. If it's left here it will be thrown away.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Was working on an old house that was being cleaned out. While throwing trash out...I noticed a barrel sticking out from under some of the trash at the bottom of the dumpster. So...I crawled in and dug it out...along with a marlin 30-30 and a remington 760 in 30/06.

I ask the Elderly Lady in charge if they were suppose to be in the dumpster.

She said....everything goes.....They were her dead husband's and not sure if they even work.....If you see something you want, take it with you. If it's left here it will be thrown away.
    What a story….man that’s a once in a lifetime situation….congrats bro

fla_gun

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Gentlemen,
    is there a general consensus that the best overall 22lr for general purposes (target and squirrel hunting) is the Ruger 10/22?
    I agree but IMO it should have just a couple VQ upgrade parts right off the bat.

And she can empty a 10 round mag quicker than my bolt can get off 3. Just ask my wife. This is her 10/22.

IMG_2398.jpg
    In my experience it will almost keep up with the best 22LR bolt guns accuracy wise but your wallet will be about $1200-1500 lighter and the only stock Ruger part will be ... none.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I have been really impressed with them from what I’ve seen…I think they broke off another high quality name and started their own brand-GPO

candipogo

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Gentlemen,
    is there a general consensus that the best overall 22lr for general purposes (target and squirrel hunting) is the Ruger 10/22?
    I agree only because it's so dependable and there are so many accessories and mods available to make it do most anything any 22 will do. If you just want eye popping accuracy for the money get a cz. The 457 and the new 600 series are killer.

Gentlemen,

Top Bottom