• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jstocks

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    For a shotgun mount for turkey hunting?

Would like to hear from the crowd specifically on dependability, durability, and warranty services (if any)?

I’ve had vortex venom, Burris ff2 and ff3. I’m looking for something a little different for this build. I like the swampfox justice, but open to suggestions.

Shadowtech

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I took a different approach on my jm 930 pro bought a cv life red/green dot for less than 30$ I kinda like it works good and hasn’t broke yet figured when it does I’ll just buy another

Fodderwing

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I’ve only got an 835 & 935 , nothing fancy but they both came with sight beads factory installed on the end of the barrel. Never needed anything other than that..

My 60+ year old eyes need more than a bead I can no longer see.

Up until 12 years or so ago a bead worked great. Not so much anymore shooting tight turkey chokes. Fiber optic beads at a minimum for me.

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Scalar Works mount and a Trijicon sight.

Not cheap, but as good as you can get.

What I've run on my Benelli for years for turkey. Sadly, gonna have to swap the Trij RMR for something else due to my astigmatism. The Burris FF 4 is showing promise.

For my turkey gun, I like(d) the "dual illuminated" RMR. No battery.

Jstocks

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    What I've run on my Benelli for years for turkey. Sadly, gonna have to swap the Trij RMR for something else due to my astigmatism. The Burris FF 4 is showing promise.

For my turkey gun, I like(d) the "dual illuminated" RMR. No battery.
    Does the ff4 have a green dot option?

Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Swampfox stuff is great. I've had a Blade and Liberty, both green and both very solid. I've also been happy with Holosun's 20mm dots on shotguns. Not green, but I've had a red 403B on my personal defense shotgun and have been very satisfied with it.

RussSurfs

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I don’t have it on my shotgun (have the vortex) but run Holosun with the green circle dot on a couple pistols. Planning on putting the green 510 on a rifle in the near future.

lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Shake awake, solar power with battery back up, quick release, 3 programmable reticles, and tough as nails.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220525-220805~2.png
      Screenshot_20220525-220805~2.png
      360.5 KB · Views: 51

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Does the ff4 have a green dot option?

No, just the RMR.

I don't know much about these other brands--I bought my RMRs back in the early days of these style sights when options were much more limited. I'm quite sure there now are less expensive brands that are more than adequate for turkey hunting. Demand and competition has greatly upped the options today.

Grits1/5

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Holosun is probably the best quality/value. The holosun 515 is probably one of my favorite optics, the elite models have green reticle options. I run a holosun He515gt-gr and it’s amazing! I like it maybe even more than the sig 4T. I also have a holosun Hs403 and I can’t complain about it, it’s not as nice as my 515, but it works great and it’s less expensive. I run these on rifles though, not shotguns. The micro size and footprint are perfect for my uses.

WRM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Holosun is probably the best quality/value.

OP I've looked at some Holosuns and they "look" like good dots. If you have any astigmatism check any of them out carefully, tho. I noticed a distinct difference in reticle quality between two different Holosun models. No idea why, other than I'm certain my astigmatism was the root issue.

Jstocks

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I took a look at a Swampfox Justice mounted on a rib mount (meadowcreek) on a Tristar Raptor recently. Got to say, I really like the glass clarity and the larger profile of that sight. I think this will most likely be the route I take for my 870 16 gauge build. It had the green dot. I wish I had access to one with the green circle, but I think I would likely choose the dot versus the circle anyway as it’s less busy in the woods.

Top Bottom