• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As the title says I'm looking for some Bersa Model 85 help. I'm cleaning and fixing my elderly neighbor's gun, that he got from someone else, who didn't store it well. Looks like its been etched by the nylon holster it was stored in, leading to finish loss or damage.

Everyplace I look on line doesn't have it or shows a screw than it completely different than the non-missing one.

Supposedly the screw is interchangeable among the following Bersa models.

Bersa 83 cal 380
    Bersa 85
    Bersa 383
    Bersa 383A
    Bersa Thunder 22
    Bersa Thunder 32
    Bersa Thunder 380
    Bersa Thunder series 95

Below is some quick pictures of the screw. Might have to wait until day light to get better pictures. Plus pictures showing the finish damage.

20220331_152951.jpg

20220331_153000.jpg

20220331_153016.jpg

20220321_210550.jpg

20220321_210607.jpg

20220321_210629.jpg

20220321_210634.jpg

Last edited:

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    call bersa and order 1 maybe 2-3 $??

I've had a message in to them since Monday, and haven't heard back as of yet. From my internet search, it seems the grip screws were/are prone to falling out. With that being the case a lot of people were/are looking for these dang screws.

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    BTW. Those older ones are made solid.

Yes, if I'm remembering what I read correctly, the older ones like this one are steel, the later ones aluminum, etc.

I'd love to have it refinished for him.....Guess I need to start looking into the cost of that!

Last edited:

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oh. Hell that's a double stack. Nice. Here's what I do with things I can't find parts for. Figure out what size screw it uses and buy 4 new ones. They added rubber o rings at some point cause the screws fall out!

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oh. Hell that's a double stack. Nice. Here's what I do with things I can't find parts for. Figure out what size screw it uses and buy 4 new ones. They added rubber o rings at some point cause the screws fall out!

Yeap, comes with single and double stack magazines. Nice little gun to be honest, hence why I would love to get it refinished for him. With the finish the way it is now, having it re-blued isn't going to hurt the value.

I figured some blue Loctite on the screw(s) would help. Don't know why but it seems, from my search for the screw, everyone seemed to have one screw they lost or that kept backing out. Weird that all these people had one screw that was lost.

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Check Numrich Arms at:

Numrich, Ebay, Gunbroker, SARCO and probably 2 dozen other sites were all a bust.....

I've got posts on several gun forums, and email out to Bersa......I've run out of places to check, short of a hardware store!

MAXman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Take the screw you have to ace or Lowe’s and they have a set of threads on the wall you can see what the threads are.

As far as refinish... my brother bought a jug of rust converter for his tools. Gives em a grey almost parkerized look,
    I intend to try it on a ragged piece if I come across one I otherwise like.

USAF Sarge

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Update:

After several weeks, I get a response back to my email. They apologize for the late response, gave me the email address to the warranty place. Sent them an email, and got a quick response asking for my mailing address and if my neighbor needed the black or silver screw. 3 days later the screw was in my possession.

Now I need to find someone to refinish the gun and it'll be good to go for many more years.

Members online

Top Bottom