• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    Accokeek, MD (May 5, 2021) - Beretta USA is excited to announce the inclusion of Manurhin revolvers into our commercial product line-up. The official launch of this new line will take place this week at the 2021 USPSA LOCAP Nationals in Talladega, AL.

The French company Chapuis Armes, a world leader in hunting firearms, has manufactured, produced, and distributed the legendary Manurhin revolvers for nearly 20 years. These storied firearms benefit from the expertise and craftsmanship of Chapuis Armes’ gunsmiths for quality and finish. The full range of Manurhin revolvers fulfills the needs of target shooters and law enforcement officers worldwide.

The Manurhin MR73 series of revolvers were explicitly developed for the requirements of the French Gendarmerie and special service units of the French Police and Military. The pistols feature exceptional accuracy and proven reliability, tested with tens of thousands of rounds of full power .357 Mag ammunition during durability testing.

1620314259937.png

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Basically the French version of a 586. Great revolvers with a history of reliability and durability... I'll be interested in the price point!

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    According to many- these are the second best made revolvers right now - behind korth

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    korth=rolls royce of guns, never held one, but heard it is a pleasure
    It would seem that a model 27 could be made as smooth as these super priced guns and if one wears out I can several and still not have lost any money versus $3300 dollars.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    $3300 MSRP
    No wonder Beretta put their fingers in that pie.

When it was developed 20+ years ago, there were/are some remenants of LE around the world still using revolvers. I know the French Tactical Team reasoning "back then" backstory but I feel that wasn't realistic then or now. Would a Gov be pushed to buy a product originated in their on back yard? Yep but exactly like France and other Country users: that revolver IS NOT the sole handgun in use by their Forces identified to have it. So it has a use but is not the standard daily go to handgun it has been touted as. I'm sure its an outstanding revolver that can outperform the vast majority of its peers but the "revolvers" hay day as a duty weapon of choice is long gone.

It could be had with an additional 9mm cyclinder (not available in France because its a "War Cartridge") and I don't know if that will show up with the Beretta offering. There was also a non War .32S&W Long and .22 offerings in the past.

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    In the event anyone wanted to watch a 16 minute video on this gun, here it is. The video is well done and informative. IMO I learned a bit more about this gun and it's history. Will that information and history move me in the direction of a purchase? Hell no, $3K for a revolver all-be-it arguably one of the best. It'll be an heirloom. Yes it will. But will I care? I don't know. No one has made it back from the other side with that information.

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    In the event anyone wanted to watch a 16 minute video on this gun, here it is. The video is well done and informative. IMO I learned a bit more about this gun and it's history. Will that information and history move me in the direction of a purchase? Hell no, $3K for a revolver all-be-it arguably one of the best. It'll be an heirloom. Yes it will. But will I care? I don't know. No one has made it back from the other side with that information.

i am waiting for the 30 minute directors cut version

Top Bottom