• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Patoz

Marksman

flyandscuba

Master
    I hope they do leave. There are plenty of gun-friendly places with lower taxes, non-union labor, and non-communist politicians that would provide great incentives to set up shop.

Can you imagine such a company setting up operations in one of our local industrial parks? It would be great for jobs & the local economy!

Patoz

Marksman
    I hope they do leave. There are plenty of gun-friendly places with lower taxes, non-union labor, and non-communist politicians that would provide great incentives to set up shop.

Can you imagine such a company setting up operations in one of our local industrial parks? It would be great for jobs & the local economy!

Yep, they need to run that Federal Country Club Prison off from Saufley field, and turn that whole facility into an industrial park dedicated to nothing but guns, ammo, and accessories, along with a state of the art firing range available to the public or with membership. Lots of land north of there to expand to also.

Besides, that is only about 15 minutes from my house! :rockon:

ted-hurst

Master
    Good, if these gun manufacturers left and stop selling to these states you'd see an attitude change.

Va boy

Marksman
    I'm sure there would be attitude change. I hate to see a company leave in the face of what seems in this environment overwhelming legislative odds. I believe once gone though, each state would slam the door and not welcome back firearms related business. Do that 50 times and we're in trouble.

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    They should move to Ta-Has. With the "proper" tax incentives they would do well there. Perry is actively lobbying companies to move to his state.....I say...GO. While they are at it make sure to take all the Benelli stuff with them.

Maryland has always been a Democrap/Libral/Better than you state, from as far back as I can remember.Maryland ain't got nuttin' 'cept crabs and waterfowl hunting any-hoo. EFF 'EM. --- SAWMAN

JohnAL

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    There is all kinds of things going on that doesn't make the news.

Elected officials from Alabama, South Carolina, Texas and West Virginia have written letters to Magpul Industries inviting the company to make their states its relocation destination. Meanwhile, individuals from at least 10 states have launched social media campaigns on Facebook to lure the Erie, Colo.-based company.

“We are a state whose people are committed to Second Amendment rights. You can be assured that the Alabama Legislature would never seriously consider any legislation that would jeopardize your company and your workers,” Alabama Agriculture Secretary John McMillan said in a letter dated Tuesday.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/feb/22/states-set-sights-on-colorado-firearms-business-gu/

Rebuilt

Marksman
    [QUOTE
    Can you imagine such a company setting up operations in one of our local industrial parks? It would be great for jobs & the local economy![/QUOTE]

Won't happen here, our county has made it abundantly clear that they prefer a tourism based economy.

Gravity3694

Expert
    This is huge. Beretta has a big foothold in the mil/leo market, commercial market is secondary to them. They really don't have to do anything and they will lose nothing. However, they care about 2nd A right enough to threaten to leave.

Now if we can get Colt on board.

Top Bottom