• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drc2777

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Been thinking of solving my 40 Smith and Wesson problem by getting a familiar platform, but I want that extra modularity.

So if I were to get a Beretta 96, could I get a 92FS slide+barrel+magazines that will function for it to shoot 9mm?

nwfdub

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think so. I know you need the slide lock from the 40 for both to work.

Sent from my SM-G715U using Tapatalk

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    I'm not being ugly. This sounds like a question that should not be answered by an "I think so". IMO You might want to talk to maybe, I don't know, Beretta? Or a Beretta armorer.

nwfdub

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm not being ugly. This sounds like a question that should not be answered by an "I think so". IMO You might want to talk to maybe, I don't know, Beretta? Or a Beretta armorer.
    While I may not be a Beretta armorer, the reason I said I think so is I've never attempted the exact method the OP asked. Most people get the 92 and put the 96 slide, barrel, and slide lock on the 92. Not the other way around. There is also a .22 conversation option, again onto the 92. I would need to refresh my research, but I seem to recall the ejector needs to be for the .40 as well. I just don't recall ever seeing anyone use the 96 as the base. Doesn't mean it can't be done, as I recall they are the same frame.

I do know the mags for the .40 work just fine for the 9mm. The biggest things when doing this are the pieces I've mentioned and making sure the frame and uppers are the same length. Also the civilian pistols are much more forgiving when attempting this as they have more tolerance than the military M9. This could be why you typically see this the other way around.

Sent from my SM-G715U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
    Top Bottom