• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Cossack snake sword with fantastic metallurgy that is the equal I think of any sword from Toledo.
    Do you love the glorious Cossack history and want to feel like a real Cossack? Then you should pay attention to the Zlatoust Draft Snake. It is made in the best Cossack weapon traditions. The checker is surprisingly light, comfortable, has a thin and very sharp blade. True connoisseurs of edged weapons will appreciate it.

The Snake collectible checker has a generous decoration. The blade is made of high quality forged steel. The weapon is as balanced as possible. This is a sign of the professional handwork of the master. The handle is generously decorated with Zlatoust painting and unique gilding. Used genuine leather and stones - topaz and spinel. Ancient weapons technologies were used in the manufacture.

The Snake Checker is the most accurate replica of the Cossack melee weapon. And although this is a collector's item, it can also be used for its intended purpose. And rich decoration and engraving make this weapon exclusive.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Holy crap, see the way he's bending that thing?! I'd be afraid of popping off the inlay on the blade. Or is that etching?

Last edited:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Holy crap, see the way he's bending that thing?! I'd be afraid of popping off the inlay on the blade. Or is that etching?
    The flexing is extreme in that sword. It maybe intended for cossack type fighting from a moving horse. I am guessing it is less likely to get wrenched out of hand when so used for such as running someone through when on a moving horse.
    Toledo steel was famous for bending, but not to that degree.
    Asia and the middle east until the 19th century had the most advanced steels for sword making and I wonder if some of Toledo steel technology came from the muslim occupation of spain. The two great centers of wootz steel were the middle east and southern india, with that of india being more ancient.
    Below the whip sword or '

URUMI – A Bizarre Ancient Weapon from India'​

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    More on Cossack swords called the Shashka.

Russian troops, having encountered it during their conquest of the Caucasus (1817–1864), preferred it to their issued sabres.

At this time there were three types of non-regulation shashka:

• The Caucasus type, where the handle almost sits inside the scabbard, this type was used by Kuban Cossack and tribes from the Caucasus. The only problem was with this type of shashka was that in the rain, water could go down into the scabbard. This type of shashka was very light (300–400 grams), very flexible and strong. The best and most famous shashkas of this types were Gurda, Volchek (running wolf symbol on the blade).

• The Don Cossack shashka, which has a straighter blade. The weight of this shashka is around 1 kilogram.

• The Terek Cossack shashka, the handle, like the Don Cossack shashka, does not go inside the scabbard. It is very light and strong.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Here is an Ethiopian shotel sword. very difficult to block with either shield or sword.

1617838490289.png

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Pretty sure my webley could block that, lol.
    Maybe yes, maybe no. You need to understand how that sword is used. A webley .455 slug will not travel around corners or penetrate well on cover. We are not talking about fencing here, but fighting at close range in a melee with horses and armed men in motion in the mix. The ability at close range for the shotel to reach behind an obstacle can be useful to those that know how to handle it.
    The .455 does do well enough on gel for penetrating.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    And then we have the M1859, the oldest weapon in continued (unbroken) service still in U.S. inventory.
    The M1859 NCO sword continues service today as the Marine Corps drill and ceremonial sword. The sword's use is restricted by regulation to ceremonial occasions by an NCO or Staff NCO in charge of troops under arms or at weddings and wedding receptions where at least one of those being married is in uniform and has the rank of Corporal or higher.
    1617844197360.png

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I thought this was a for sale post! Very disappointed. I like old Russian and Chinese swords - particularly goose feather daos. I did a lot of live demos with those - and have the scars on my ankles to prove it.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I thought this was a for sale post! Very disappointed. I like old Russian and Chinese swords - particularly goose feather daos. I did a lot of live demos with those - and have the scars on my ankles to prove it.
    The op was for sale. But it sounded like very big bucks. I do have a japanese saber that purchased for 5 dollars when I was 16 and I sharpened it lol. I like sharp things and people seem to think that was not kool.

CaptRoy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Did you see my post on the sabre I have for sale in non firearm weps?

Top Bottom