• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • War-Buff

What ... Me Worry?
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    I’ve never seen a properly built upper need any break in ever. These are AR15s not 1911s. FWIW Outside of a Les Baer I’ve never seen a properly built 1911 need breaking in and Les Baer advertises that you will need to break it in based on their tolerances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have some ARs with BCA uppers and the only problem I've ever had was with their 12.7x42 upper seeming to be undergassed. That upper was returned to BCA and I'm currently awaiting the availability of their latest version (mainly with a larger gas port now, from what I can tell).

Although my Les Baer Boss .45 was (and still is) tight as hell, it has never missed a beat, functioning at 100% from round one.

edited to add...oops, I see I already replied to this thread last year :oops:

Last edited:

FrankT

6.8 SPCII Hog Slayer
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    $210 and it came with the BCG and charging handle. I replaced the charging handle with a Radian Raptor-LT ambi I got on sale for $45. I'll eventually be upgrading the BCG to nickel boron as I like the look and it's easy to clean. Check out their website. They have some crazy low prices and the options are endless. There's MLOK, key mod, and regular pic rails as options. The only issues I had are stated above with the 458 bolt. And that was anticipated after all the research I did. In fact, I was surprised at the amount of good functionality after reading a lot of reviews for the 458. The 458 is just a useless caliber to me and it's more of a "because I can" upper. It's just for fun and I don't mind spending a little to dial it in and toy with it.

They are 350-400 now

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    I have also been looking at certin BCA uppers also. ( I have read thru all the above post's.)
    The prices for BCA are quite a bit different than the PSA stuff. BCA also has a better selection.
    I am mainly interested in the AR/308 sized uppers,to exclude the 6.5C,and the pistol uppers to exclude the "pistol" chamberings.
    All-in-all . . the reviews sound like the reviews from most other stuff with the possible exception of Rolex watches and Kriegoff Double Rifles.
    Like Wilson Combat,STI,and other high end 1911's,i'm wondering if the owners of these BCA uppers broke them in properly ??
    Anyway . . . I just might give one a try. Any further USER/OWNER comments would be much appreciated. --- SAWMAN

Usually, stainless steel barrels are subject to a break-in period as per the manufacturer's instruction. Not all may mention a break-in and, if that is the case, then a break-in may or may not be warranted, but that is up to the owner of the AR. Personally, in 15 years, I have only bothered to do a break-in on two barrels (both stainless steel) as was recommended by the manufacturers. One was from White oak Armament and the other from Compass Lake Engineering. When it comes to BCA uppers and what ever barrels they use, they can be hit and miss, regardless of whether there was any break-in or not. Personally, I would never own any of their stuff. I would buy an upper assembly from PSA before I would ever buy anything from BCA.

Members online

Top Bottom