• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ARgument

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Took out the Zel 50. cal. today... WOW.. Shot the Zel for the first time today.. used magpul flip up sites for 100yds and 200yds.. I was surprised to
    hit the paper at 200yds but as luck would have it... got lucky... The impact of recoil was not as hard as i though... although after about
    8 rounds or so it began to ware on you. The wife agrees i need a scope... Just happen to have a Leapold mk4 at the shop... heh heh...
    Shot about 12 rounds... much fun... zeroing in a scope is going to be much harder... can't wait till the next range day...

My DPMS 308 is a pile of crap... this is the second time at the range with it and nothing but FtF and FtE. I'm sorry it spent the money on the
    POS... Time to sell it.... I loaded 2, 30 rnd clips and shot only 10 rnds... I could barely remove a round from the chamber... had to pry
    the bolt back before finishing with the charging handle... I'm not going to bother to trouble-shoot the problem, shouldn't have to... if crap comes from the factory like this I'm telling the whole world... Spend just over a grand and this is what i get... BS...!!

ARgument

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Called DPMS today... got Jason on the phone.. He's telling me the gun is not broken in yet....????? What BS is that... Most all the guns i've pulled directly out of the box functioned first shot and there after no problems at all. the gun works best with only American made ammo only... I explained to him i had to use a screw driver to release the bolt from the chamber only after using the inertia method. He stated the the action had to be sloppy wet with lubricant for the gun to function... I've never heard of this anywhere...
    He also explained how the gun had a tag on the trigger the rifle being fired and tested before shipping... never had that tag...
    Don't mean to be a complainer... but that was the worst load of crap ever...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom