• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I've had both common types.

The totally enclosed hard scabbard type normally is lined, protests rifle extremely well from Wx, mud/dirt and impact scratches but very slow to access firearm if closed, just slow if upper end is open. Put a wet gun in it, it will hold that moisture till well dried out. May or may not have drain hole in bottom, fording water may back flow. Some inserted mags may not fit inside the hard case. This one only went hunting once!

Handle bar or rack, rubber coated, "Y" mounts expose the firearm but are much faster to draw from. Using the cross Y security bungees slow draw down a little but a bad snag or hard hit could otherwise dislodge it. These are cheaper and what I prefered to use and had two Sets mounted. Long mags may require firearm to be canted L or R to avoid obstructions.

Safari Sling (I love this sling for hunting on foot) might work for you too. Holds rifle in front of your body "hands free" at angle you want. Sitting with a 30 round size mag may be an issue. Add a black fleece seat belt pad from the auto parts store!

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Alright. I'll paint it, someday. Been working on mechanical stuff. Air filter and spark plug today. Oil filter and new oil later this week. Still chasing ticking sound. Starter was sticking/froze up, got that worked out. Led headlight installed, love it. Ordered new carb. Probably order double gun rack or just sling it. Not too worried about dirt and dings. All shooters here.

Attachments

• 20201019_162456.jpg
      20201019_162456.jpg
      3.4 MB · Views: 179

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Alright. I'll paint it, someday. Been working on mechanical stuff. Air filter and spark plug today. Oil filter and new oil later this week. Still chasing ticking sound. Starter was sticking/froze up, got that worked out. Led headlight installed, love it. Ordered new carb. Probably order double gun rack or just sling it. Not too worried about dirt and dings. All shooters here.
    The SAS loved pink. Aka the Pink Panthers. Huge think tank study found it to be the best camo color for the sand box. Guess what we have plenty of around here? That's right

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Use a poor man's stethoscope to find the ticking if its engine related: "Long screwdriver", put the hard plastic end firmly against ear and tip against the case and you will find the area/source.

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Use a poor man's stethoscope to find the ticking if its engine related: "Long screwdriver", put the hard plastic end firmly against ear and tip against the case and you will find the area/source.

broken golf club works great too - also good for finding leaking water lines under ground

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Turned wife loose with rattle cans. No more breast cancer awareness atv... turned out really good. Snake skin even! Bought a double rack at TSC.

Attachments

• 20201027_122736.jpg
      20201027_122736.jpg
      2.8 MB · Views: 159
    • 20201027_130549.jpg
      20201027_130549.jpg
      1.6 MB · Views: 143
    Last edited:

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Glue down some dense foam, trim with the electric turkey knife, add layer of plastic (waterproofing the foam) then stretch and staple some new naugahyde. You will be ready for date night!
    Back in 1999, my second bike was a $600 '92 Nighthawk, with a ripped seat. I traded it (with it not running right) to a dealer for $700 and I thought I made out like a bandit! The next week I came into the store, and it was on the floor for $1200 !!!!! with nothing else other than a recovered seat! And it sold in only a few days!

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    As someone who has broken a few guns on atvs - the gun boot is the best.

Top Bottom