Target Sports

Assault in Walmart vid...legal/not legal defense...?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You are discussing moral justification vs legality. The mitigating circumstances might elicit a lesser sentence from the judge, but a not guilty verdict seems less likely. It the blow was delivered with an object from the shopping cart, the charged might be more serious. Just the act of falling when unconscious can result in serious head trauma.

I call the event as I see it, as I interpet it: thought I made that clear. Other LE, Lawyer's and Judge's can dissect it themselves.
    Aggressors cart was a weapon used to batter and pin employee againt shelving and keep himself out of physical reach. Aggressor then breached that distance spitting on the employee. Action have consequences, there's no Marquis of Queensberry rules or protections on the street. He got his due ass beating in a single blow. There is nothing showing or saying the defender used an object from the cart as a weapon. Looks like he put his hand on the upper edge of the basket IOT move/get by it.

panxerox

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They probably know each other and it's a planned lawsuit, hence the fake flop to the ground

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
    THIS!

patriot12

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I gotta say, dude did slam him pretty good with the cart. That said, cart guy was walking away and it was over. To sucker punch him from behind is pretty chicken shiz, but I can't necessarily blame Walmart guy... he's prolly already lost his job and likely will have a law suit against him in the works. Once the cart guy turned and walked, Walmart guy pretty much lost his self defense argument. At least wait till cart guy walks out the store to blast his ass!
    I don’t believe because the guy was walking off it was over. if I was to come up to you and punch you two or three times in the face and just walk away you’re not allowed to come up and hit me back? I think you’d have a very different feeling about it it was happening to you personally.

Cj3

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Play stupid games, get stupid prizes I guess. It may not have been "legal" since the customer was walking away, but I think the customer got what was coming to him.

Budchugger

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I would have done the same thing and if it were reversed it would be called a hate crime.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    I don’t believe because the guy was walking off it was over. if I was to come up to you and punch you two or three times in the face and just walk away you’re not allowed to come up and hit me back? I think you’d have a very different feeling about it it was happening to you personally.
    Eye for an eye. I get it. Take the punch away. He shot him. See how bad it looks now? Heat of the moment or not, a jury and a procecuting lawyer will see that as revenge.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That wouldn’t stop me from punching him . I once ask the judge if I could go ahead a pay the fine for knocking a deserving person out twice while I was there , the court room erupted in laughter, he banged his gavel and when everyone got quite ,he said I’d hold you in contempt of court. But I know you well enough to know your serious and no you can’t. He then instructed the bailiff to hold me till the injured party could exit the building. The fine was pretty hefty for those days , $ 250 I believe it was , and worth every penny . I miss the old days more and more every year!

Top Bottom