• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ccc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Man, wish I could sell one of the guns I have posted for sale, the ATN X-Sight II HD 3-14x is now down to $513 on Amazon!

Do you have a link to it for $513 ? Because I can’t find it

ccc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    So it looks like there are many models of the ATN X-Sight, which is the best bang for your buck ?????

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Have had many questions re. different thermal and NV units. Cannot type it all out but am extremely willing to help.
    Please PM me and I will give you my cell number.
    Not a guru or " know it all" but have extensive expierance over many years and done TONS OF RESERCH,including talking directly with several different manufacturers including ATN,PULSAR,and TRIJICON.
    Please do not come off as mouthy or arrogant or simply will not attempt to help you. If you already know it all,please don't waste either of our time.---- SAWMAN

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Would a thermal monocular viewing devise improve chances of seeing deer in the woods sooner than using the eye ball or standard binoculars?
    Sometimes...When I'd hunt deer at my brother's Georgia farm (now retired and lives in Utah), I carried thermal. I hunted from a stand about 15' high. Especially in the morning before the sun heated all up, sometimes one could see a "sparkle" of heat moving in the woods adjoining the food plot as the deer moved, and the thermal would detect glimpses of the deer poking through the trees/vegetation. That gave me a heads up that a deer or something was coming (some times the heat signature would be a rabbit, armadillo, or squirrel). Other times at the far west end of the woods next to the food plot in the shadows the thermal would see the deer, yet with a scope or binoculars it was very difficult or impossible to see the deer associated with the heat signature. One could not shoot even though a deer was there, as you couldn't make a positive ID or count the points or size of the deer to make sure it was legal or what you wanted to shoot with a regular scope or binoculars.

Where the thermal did shine for me was finding a deer after the shot. Walk towards where you last saw the deer as it ran into the woods and scan looking for that heat signature. It did mean I walked over to a number of rocks or logs that the sun had heated up, but I never lost a deer. It was also interesting in that when one is in the stand before shooting hours...you could see if deer were in the plot. Finally, walking to the stand in the dark, I'd use thermal to keep me on the right path without having to shine a flashlight. Note: the thermal I was using as a hand held was my old thermal rifle scope, 1-2x, so it may have had more thermal oomph than some cheaper hand held units.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Looking at this one, anybody have one?? Using at closer ranges, 100 yards or so. $800. Coyotes other night time pests. 17um.

Attachments

• IMG_1106.jpg
      IMG_1106.jpg
      670.4 KB · Views: 96
    • IMG_1108.jpg
      IMG_1108.jpg
      343.8 KB · Views: 97
    • IMG_1109.jpg
      IMG_1109.jpg
      338.8 KB · Views: 93

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I see this guy posting a few videos...more talking than shooting but I think that is what he uses

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Looking at this one, anybody have one?? Using at closer ranges, 100 yards or so. $800. Coyotes other night time pests. 17um.
    I'd almost settled on an ATN, but the reviews scared me off... and I DON'T give much weight to reviews... most people NEVER read the instructions... but there were too many reports of balkiness, freezing, and outright total failures.

Ended up with an AGM that just seems like a jewel. It doesn't do the automatic one-shot zero (which I believe at least SOME ATNs do), but I've never more quickly zeroed a scope... press, press, press, DONE. I used a 20 MOA rail and ended up only needing ONE CLICK of elevation correction from dead-zero in the scope at 100 yds. Kenzies will give a 10% discount off of their listed price on your first order if you sign up by e-mail. I can't imagine going with a smaller objective and sensor than the one linked below... though AGM does have them (and Kenzie's carries probably 20 of their thermal scopes from $999/up)... since even this one is designated as a "short-range". The "Rattler" series is their newest line, if I'm not mistaken, and they DO go up to 50mm/640, but we're talking over $4k... I can only dream : )
    https://www.kenziesoptics.com/product/agm-rattler-ts25-thermal-imaging-scope/

Also, I prefer swappable/disposable batteries. I just think it's much easier to maintain a stock of spare batteries than to be stuck with having to recharge when down, though the AGM WILL accept an external battery pack as well.

Last edited:

billrv

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I bought the 4 X 8 320 to use while my Pulsar was being repaired for the third time, I'm not slamming Pulsar I just happen to have a problem child, that being said I have been very happy with the ATN. I very rarely shot over 100 yds. mostly with in 75 yds. and the ATN has been flawless, I'm hard on them hunting 3-4 nights a week

Top Bottom