APOD Firearms

Are you so pro-life you wouldn't use a gun and/or kill for self-defense?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This thread is hilarious. Pro-life?

Everyone raise your hand.

Do you agree with the death penalty? Put your hand down.

Do you support universal paid time off for maternal and paternal leave? No? Put your hand down.

You vocally support shooting pro-choice protestors? Put your hand down.

Have any adopted children? No? Put your hand down.

Are you a woman? No? Put your hand down.

Pro-life is not about “innocent babies,” if it were, these folks would support social programs to help these mothers and children after birth, or support Planned Parenthood’s initiatives to provide safe and informative reproductive health care. This is about shaming women and pushing your antiquated ideals on them. Get a life. Get a hobby. Try minding your own goddamn business.

If you still have your hand in the air, congratulations. You have some common decency. Now ball up your fist and punch yourself in the head.

.22 cents

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   1
    1685594176088.png

it is about "innocent babies". Ones that are ripped out with tongs by a braindead society. Soory for the gore. Truth is ugly and needed for the retards to wake up

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Do you support universal paid time off for maternal and paternal leave? No? Put your hand down.

Pro-life is not about “innocent babies,” if it were, these folks would support social programs to help these mothers and children after birth, or support Planned Parenthood’s initiatives to provide safe and informative reproductive health care. This is about shaming women and pushing your antiquated ideals on them. Get a life. Get a hobby. Try minding your own goddamn business.

If you still have your hand in the air, congratulations. You have some common decency. Now ball up your fist and punch yourself in the head.

So, in your example:
    - if you are a man, you don’t have “common decency”?
    - if you don’t have adopted kids, you don’t have “common decency”?
    - but if you are fine with torturing babies to death, you have “common decency”?

Well, seems like if there was ever a “business” that is “damned” by God, the organized mutilation-to-death of babies would be one of the biggest.

So when you tell us to “try minding your own goddamn business”, it sounds like you understand fully well that the abortion business is goddamned.

Seems odd to defend it, but that’s your prerogative.

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0

jettjon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

You're not going to convince anyone this way. Maybe if you softened your tone and ditched some of the more ridiculous assertions you could find some common ground.

I agree that you cannot claim to be pro-life AND pro-death penalty. This is logically correct, especially since the death penalty as currently administered has zero deterrent effect on crime.

Unfortunately, your other points are unconvincing and full of logical fallacies. I'd give examples but others have already done so.

Try again without the vitriol and hyperbole. It's a conversation worth having.

Imnotbruce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    You're not going to convince anyone this way. Maybe if you softened your tone and ditched some of the more ridiculous assertions you could find some common ground.

I agree that you cannot claim to be pro-life AND pro-death penalty. This is logically correct, especially since the death penalty as currently administered has zero deterrent effect on crime.

Unfortunately, your other points are unconvincing and full of logical fallacies. I'd give examples but others have already done so.

Try again without the vitriol and hyperbole. It's a conversation worth having.
    Regarding supporting the death penalty while being pro life I'd like to express why I maintain these two seemingly untenable ideas.
    Someone who has earned the death penalty has shown that they could not be rehabilitated, either the act was so depraved or so egregious that someone of reasonable mind could agree that the subject could not be rehabilitated.
    As far as the death penalty not deterring crime we have to understand that criminals have such a low time preference that consequences aren't weighed accurately when making decisions. I'd say incarceration in general does not deter crime and our country is a testament to that with such a significant incarcerated population with no signs if diminishing criminal behavior.

If we really want to deter criminal behavior we should keep in mind the low time preference of those likely to become criminals. Corporal punishment and public shaming would directly communicate the consequences of criminal behavior to those with low time preference. I'll simplify it like this if someone with the propensity towards criminal behavior witnesses someone convicted of a crime publicly caned in the center of town he's much less likely to commit a crime than if he heard about one of his boys in Jail with everyone saying they'll be out in 10 years.
    Public shaming and corporal punishment would also significantly reduce the tax burden that the incarcerated population has on tax payers.

For those saying corporal punishment is cruel, how is incarcerating someone for a number of years and reinforcing criminal behavior less cruel? Correctional facilities inevitably turn first time offenders into hardened criminals by exposing them to repeat offenders and criminal gangs while removing hope of reintegration in society.

jettjon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Regarding supporting the death penalty while being pro life I'd like to express why I maintain these two seemingly untenable ideas.
    Someone who has earned the death penalty has shown that they could not be rehabilitated, either the act was so depraved or so egregious that someone of reasonable mind could agree that the subject could not be rehabilitated.
    As far as the death penalty not deterring crime we have to understand that criminals have such a low time preference that consequences aren't weighed accurately when making decisions. I'd say incarceration in general does not deter crime and our country is a testament to that with such a significant incarcerated population with no signs if diminishing criminal behavior.

If we really want to deter criminal behavior we should keep in mind the low time preference of those likely to become criminals. Corporal punishment and public shaming would directly communicate the consequences of criminal behavior to those with low time preference. I'll simplify it like this if someone with the propensity towards criminal behavior witnesses someone convicted of a crime publicly caned in the center of town he's much less likely to commit a crime than if he heard about one of his boys in Jail with everyone saying they'll be out in 10 years.
    Public shaming and corporal punishment would also significantly reduce the tax burden that the incarcerated population has on tax payers.

For those saying corporal punishment is cruel, how is incarcerating someone for a number of years and reinforcing criminal behavior less cruel? Correctional facilities inevitably turn first time offenders into hardened criminals by exposing them to repeat offenders and criminal gangs while removing hope of reintegration in society.
    See, @mutant_survival, this is how you compose a thoughtful and convincing argument of your position. :)

@Imnotbruce I agree with your reasoning here. The key to effective deterrence is absolutely timing. Unfortunately there's virtually no hope of the US ever adopting "swift and sure" and also "just" punishment, so all of this is relegated to a thought exercise.

I'll just say that PHILOSOPHICALLY, one cannot be both "Pro-life" (anti-abortion) and also pro-death penalty without a whole bunch of caveats. And a whole lot of caveats is usually how reality works.

AK4774

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Shhh but this is…Mostly, have to add brainwashed, Lib-Tards killing off succeeding generations of the Demonicrats voter base. And set up mainly in urban areas where the poor, minority and ignorant are the ones targeted by the govt funded Planned Extermination(indaHood)).
    Is this not a form of Racism or Profiling ?

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Are you so pro-life you wouldn't use a gun and/or kill for self-defense?

iu

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    @mutant_survival

42,000,000 babies murdered in 2020 alone.
    May God have mercy on us all for letting it happen. How many babies were murdered every year before 2020? After? There is no defense against the murder of 42,000,000 babies. None.

Screenshot_20230603-013357.png

Southalabama

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    When the debates occurred I listened to the arguments about it not being a heart beat.

I also listened to the ultra sound when the wife was pregnant at 6 weeks.

My daughter had a heart beat.

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    So, I gotta be up front and say, I'm not for ending a life to remedy a deliberate act of stupidity, or out of regret after the fact.

Beliefs and crimes aside, can we "elevated beings" truly not figure out how to have sex without "accidental" pregnancy?

IronBeard

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I present to you the most educated research on that question:

Dude, on the subject of "accidental" pregnancies, I'm not accepting any excuse. Not even gonna open the offered link.

It's not a complicated matter. One male, and one female, engaging in an act that has been both globally and historically proven to carry a high possibility of pregnancy, even while using birth CONTROL (capitalized to point out it is not prevention) is not an accident. Just as driving four feet off someone's bumper and then rear-ending them because they hit the brakes is not an accident. Both constitute willful acceptance of risk, at least by one party. Roll the dice, and sometimes ya just lose.

I am absolutely not advocating abstinance. I'm advocating using one's brain. People need to own it. Not me. Not society.

Crimes? Whole nother matter. Maybe a thread in itself.

slapdick

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Abortion is great because if someone feels like they should not reproduce, they don't, and thus effectively removing themselves from the gene pool.

Almost everyone who is going to have an abortion is someone that you wouldn't want to have a child anyways.
    "Oh but that child deserves a chance"
    Brother in Christ, if some genderfluid nonbinary polyqueer is the mother, the child never had a chance to begin with.

It makes perfect sense from a logical standpoint that if we want to better ourselves as a society, we should not only be allowing abortions, but encouraging them. Specifically towards lower IQ people and those coming from lower income areas.

It's scientific fact that intelligence is a genetic trait. It's called the "G factor" if we're using psychometrics.

Just look at how dumb the average person is, realize half of them are dumber than that, and it all starts to make sense.

It's just like that movie Idiocracy, the smart and well off people have less children because they do their best to plan things out and ensure they have the resources to raise a child, whilst the dumb people reproduce like rabbits, and continue to make more dumb people, thus flooding the world with idiots, and you now see the world we have today.

We need to open up a clinic specifically for abortions that really streamlines things. Planned Parenthood is too slow and not focused enough, abortions actually account for less than 5% of what they do, the other 95% is gobbledy gook like reproductive health care, STD prevention, and sexual education. Which I suppose is helpful, because there are plenty of people who are genuinely so dumb that they don't realize sex causes babies.

Our government allows single moms to use it like a baby daddy. Tons of tax dollars going towards raising fatherless children who grow up to steal catalytic converters and disrespect women, sucking up all that EBT and Welfare along the way, creating the society that we now live in. I don't understand why anyone would want to make more of these people.

When you take the emotion out of it and just look at it from a logical standpoint, it just makes sense to have abortions.

The world population is the highest it's ever been, and for some reason human life is valued the highest it's ever been as well.
    First rule of economics is supply and demand, why not do some economic correction?

Top Bottom