• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ilovemy45

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    The ARA doesn't specifically address grips in its rules. Tikka offers a grip replacement to the one that comes from the factory. It has a steaper angle and is almost like a pistol grip. Since that part of the stock is modular and its a OEM part, I think. Would this be legal?

1676157897704.png

nwfdub

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Without getting into any of the legality, any attachments will likely fall into the point system. What you should ask yourself is, will the total points from all attachments throw you under the bus? Unless I miss my guess, more than one = done.

Sent from my SM-G736U using Tapatalk

ilovemy45

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Without getting into any of the legality, any attachments will likely fall into the point system. What you should ask yourself is, will the total points from all attachments throw you under the bus? Unless I miss my guess, more than one = done.

I am not picking up what you're laying down. Points that I miss due to accuracy issues, or some kind of accumulated points for modifications? I don't think the ARA has a point system, except for scoring cards. I could be wrong.

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    I am not picking up what you're laying down. Points that I miss due to accuracy issues, or some kind of accumulated points for modifications? I don't think the ARA has a point system, except for scoring cards. I could be wrong.
    I believe He is talking about SBR rules. New ATF point system.

nwfdub

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yeah sorry, it was before coffee.

LeeB

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    It would be illegal as ARA specifically does not allow any thing attached to the stock other than a cheek piece. Rifle must be shot as it comes out of the box, except for trigger and bedding. OEM replacement must be the same as what came on the rifle, not a change.

ilovemy45

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    It would be illegal as ARA specifically does not allow any thing attached to the stock other than a cheek piece. Rifle must be shot as it comes out of the box, except for trigger and bedding. OEM replacement must be the same as what came on the rifle, not a change.
    Thank you Lee.

Top Bottom