• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Not new to guns, but only started down the AR rabbit hole about 2 years ago and have several now. My fantasy gun is a POF Revolution pistol, but just can't justify that kind of money at this point in my life. Not knowing hardly anything about the large frame platform, I purchased a Diamondback DB-10 for a decent price with some extras, to include a Vortex Strike Eagle 1-8. It runs great and I've got the furniture I like and a nice 2-stage trigger installed.
    Then I bought a DSG (Ballistic Advantage) Hansen 6.5 barrel for a song. By now I'm realizing all the proprietary parts between manufacturers so I just bought most everything from DB to build a 2nd upper during their black Friday sale, which I've yet to build because I felt the need to invest in some specialty tools.
    Okay fast forward, I came across 704tactical throwing out a 10% off coupon and I had a 13.5" upper saved in my cart waiting on the stripped lowers to come back in stock. When I checked they had them so I purchased both. So now I have my furniture and a LaRue trigger but I need the LPK. Which brings me to my question; several that I find that don't have FCG & grip have a threaded bolt catch pin.
    Are the female threads in the actual bolt catch or supposed to be in the receiver? My receiver is not threaded, is it possible for the pin to cut the threads, or should I just plan on using a roll pin? Thanks in advance for any guidance.

lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Not new to guns, but only started down the AR rabbit hole about 2 years ago and have several now. My fantasy gun is a POF Revolution pistol, but just can't justify that kind of money at this point in my life. Not knowing hardly anything about the large frame platform, I purchased a Diamondback DB-10 for a decent price with some extras, to include a Vortex Strike Eagle 1-8. It runs great and I've got the furniture I like and a nice 2-stage trigger installed.
    Then I bought a DSG (Ballistic Advantage) Hansen 6.5 barrel for a song. By now I'm realizing all the proprietary parts between manufacturers so I just bought most everything from DB to build a 2nd upper during their black Friday sale, which I've yet to build because I felt the need to invest in some specialty tools.
    Okay fast forward, I came across 704tactical throwing out a 10% off coupon and I had a 13.5" upper saved in my cart waiting on the stripped lowers to come back in stock. When I checked they had them so I purchased both. So now I have my furniture and a LaRue trigger but I need the LPK. Which brings me to my question; several that I find that don't have FCG & grip have a threaded bolt catch pin.
    Are the female threads in the actual bolt catch or supposed to be in the receiver? My receiver is not threaded, is it possible for the pin to cut the threads, or should I just plan on using a roll pin? Thanks in advance for any guidance.
    Just get a 6-32 thread tap and thread it. Tap is $5 and it is very easy to do. The rear tab is the only one that is threaded.
    I doubt cutting threads with a screw will work. If you do try cutting threads with a screw, let me know what you use to fill in the wallered out hole or leave it be and I'll give you $20 for it.

Bamaboy19

Marksman
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Found a basic LPK for >$30, but since it comes with the threaded BC pin, I also picked up several bulk 10 packs of spare parts (1 being BC roll pins).
    I keep buying Surefire muzzle devices, now I need another 762. Got smart and ordered 3 FAB Gradus grips last time. My plan is coming together.

Latest posts

Members online

Top Bottom