• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ted-hurst

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I've had a few AR's before (RRA, PSA, Bushmaster..) but I want to buy a higher end upper like DD, LWRC, PWS, Griffin, etc... I'm looking for either a pinned/welded 14.5 or 16 and either DI or piston and have about $1k to spend. What I'm looking for is any insight or experiences you've had with any of these uppers, or others you've had or would recommend. Thanks and I've got the popcorn ready.

Ted

Gingershooter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Personal experience, I have a ddm4v7 upper and a geissele SD upper. Both would be on the higher end spectrum. Now I also own a Ballistic advantage 16inch upper, all shoot when the trigger is pulled, the geissele is the softest shooting AR manufacturer I've ever personally experienced. The DD I got because I'm not the biggest fan of BCM and when I first wanted my SHTF ar wanted someone that I know would be closest to bomb proof as possible that I could think of that was in my price range. The Ballistic advantage still shoots great, I've done a little to it so that it fits my needs. All in all they all shoot, some are just nicer and more fun to shoot.

ChrisC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Personal experience, I have a ddm4v7 upper and a geissele SD upper. Both would be on the higher end spectrum. Now I also own a Ballistic advantage 16inch upper, all shoot when the trigger is pulled, the geissele is the softest shooting AR manufacturer I've ever personally experienced. The DD I got because I'm not the biggest fan of BCM and when I first wanted my SHTF ar wanted someone that I know would be closest to bomb proof as possible that I could think of that was in my price range. The Ballistic advantage still shoots great, I've done a little to it so that it fits my needs. All in all they all shoot, some are just nicer and more fun to shoot.
    same here.

JWlineman

Master
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I'd also look at Sons Of Liberty Gunworks, Knights Armament, Noveske, Triarc, Sionics, etc. A few things that might help narrow your choices: do you want piston driven or DI? Full length rail or Front Post sight? Do you plan on running a can ever?
    As we all know, most parts are made in the same place just to different specs per company. Barrels are what you want to pay more attention to than rails or uppers.
    Quad rails are still functional buy the slimmer Mlok or even keymod make a more efficient profile.
    In the end it's user preference and looks are what make good Instagram posts. ;)

ted-hurst

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I'd also look at Sons Of Liberty Gunworks, Knights Armament, Noveske, Triarc, Sionics, etc. A few things that might help narrow your choices: do you want piston driven or DI? Full length rail or Front Post sight? Do you plan on running a can ever?
    As we all know, most parts are made in the same place just to different specs per company. Barrels are what you want to pay more attention to than rails or uppers.
    Quad rails are still functional buy the slimmer Mlok or even keymod make a more efficient profile.
    In the end it's user preference and looks are what make good Instagram posts. ;)
    I've had a piston driven upper and liked the fact it was easy to clean but was a bit heavier. The newer ones seem to be slimmer and lighter. I'm looking for a flat top and prefer the slim M-Lok/Keymod rail.

5lima30ret

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I've had a piston driven upper and liked the fact it was easy to clean but was a bit heavier. The newer ones seem to be slimmer and lighter. I'm looking for a flat top and prefer the slim M-Lok/Keymod rail.
    Blow back PCC is super easy to clean and not as heavy as piston driven! :cool:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    No expierance with a piston gun.
    For my application a,223/5.56 or a 308WIn, or a variant,would be better for my application(s) .... IF A COMPLETELY ADJUSTABLE GAS SYSTEM. --- SAWMAN

Top Bottom