AR Pistol Rear Sling Attachment

donr101395

Master
Super Moderator
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everybody loves QD plates, but I’ve seen them rotate, sending a detent into the FCG.

No thanks, mine go on the stocks/braces.

Or the QD cup is a sealed area that solid and there’s absolutely no way that the ball detent can end up inside the fire control group from a back plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brodband

Expert
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I bought a spikes pistol and the castle but wasn't torqued/staked. I can see this happening. Rarity, but I'm sure it has happened
The end plate has a raised portion that recesses into a cavity in the backside of the the lower receiver. I have seen end plates have a little bit of left and right play in them before they are torqued but never enough to cause the buffer detent/spring to pop out from rotation so I was just trying to figure out what detent would go flying into the FCG.

Dan1612

Master
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
It was the buffer detent. The whole buffer assembly rotated and let it fall into the FCG.
It was a member’s gun at a 2Gun match.
I realize it’s less likely to happen if it’s properly torqued and staked and such, but still. After seeing that, not for me.

stage20

Master
GCGF Supporter
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
It was the buffer detent. The whole buffer assembly rotated and let it fall into the FCG.
I realize it’s less likely to happen if it’s properly torqued and staked and such, but still. After seeing that, not for me.
I also had that happen. Yanked the charge handle 3 or 4 times. Called it good. Went to sell it, dude pulled charge handle and it all went flying into the receiver. Ended up being a cheap out of spec buffer tube. It did not flare out at the end to hold the pin in place. After a few cycles it wiggled out. I'll never buy an off brand buffer tube again.

donr101395

Master
Super Moderator
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That had nothing to do with a QD end plate, that had to do with somebody not knowing how to put a rifle together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Longtooth

My opinion is worth exactly what it costs
Staff member
Super Moderator
GCGF Supporter
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
If the back plate spins, wouldn't that send the spring out the back? not into the FCG?

brodband

Expert
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
That last pic that you posted looks fine. there would be no way even if the castle nut was loose for the end plate to shift enough side to side to release that buffer spring/detent into the gun. Likely what happened is the person at the match did not have his receiver extension installed the correct way and it was barely hanging onto the buffer detent.

Longtooth

My opinion is worth exactly what it costs
Staff member
Super Moderator
GCGF Supporter
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Takedown detent yes, not the buffer detent. If the whole tube spins, as in the instance I reference, the buffer detent pops out.
ff0509fc7a4e6ea7ab2bc690e4c657ed.jpg
Got it. That makes way more sense. I was thinking the takedown detent and was very confused. lol

Products discussed on GCGF

Top Bottom