• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    i would have thought the answer was pretty simple...until you are done
    That is the perfect answer. I've gotten so spoiled using Badger Rings that I forget what it's like to have to put in the effort required to finish the job. Well, this time it's all the way down to the rail and a complete make over.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    But when you pay the airfare, out of state hunting license fee, and the baggage gorilla cremates the optic glass sitting above the top level of your firearm The time has come to prove your marksmanship to the high priced guide you had to hire in order to make that once in a lifetime hunting trip that it took ten years worth of scrimping and saving to afford. Now the only times I was in War Zones Uncle Sam picked up the check. But most folks don't have the luxury of picking and choosing what Uncle Sam issues them. It's more like take it or leave it, and if you leave it you ain't getting anything else. LOL.
    If it was easy then it wouldn't be an adventure or a story worth telling :)

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    BO is good kit...The Condition One line has an Aimpoint and other front top ring mount systems to use both too.
    I'm currently pondering Warne QD Maxima 30 mm Med (.375 ) so that I can remove the Vortex Diamond back almost instantly if I desire to use the BUIS. But since the rifle is setup to be REPR with the Magpul PR stock it's probably going to be fired prone off the bipod. In which case the 4-16 30 mm tubes 44 mm bell will be the primary Day Optic. To remount the current NVS I would need to remove both the day scope and the rear BUIS..

Attachments

• 556.jpg
      556.jpg
      38.7 KB · Views: 46

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    I take multiple guns with me on hunting trips. I don’t want to be taking a bull elk at 300 yards with irons (not that I get to hunt bull elk or do big hunting trips with young kids taking all my time)
    Oh why not?! Mr. Bell killed like 1,000 bull elephants with iron sights on a 7mm Mauser, and he was one shot, one kill too

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oh why not?! Mr. Bell killed like 1,000 bull elephants with iron sights on a 7mm Mauser, and he was one shot, one kill too
    In all Karamojo's tales he never mentions what the black muck is between an elephant's toes. ( Slow natives.) LOL.

Last edited:

@Ktchnking

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Thanks, but they should be here shortly. If you don't mind, what was it about them that you found objectional?
    They are floppy.
    They stay down nice and tight but when you flip up the sights they don't lock into place.

They work great for a bb gun but on a 9mm pcc they just flop around.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    They are floppy.
    They stay down nice and tight but when you flip up the sights they don't lock into place.

They work great for a bb gun but on a 9mm pcc they just flop around.
    So the locking pin (that needs to be pushed in to drop the sights down) doesn't keep the sights rigid when they are deployed? Now all the reviews that I read where from the last two years, and everyone raved about the rigidity of their sights when deployed. Perhaps something has been done to correct the problem? Have you had your sights for more or less than two years?

@Ktchnking

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    So the locking pin (that needs to be pushed in to drop the sights down) doesn't keep the sights rigid when they are deployed? Now all the reviews that I read where from the last two years, and everyone raved about the rigidity of their sights when deployed. Perhaps something has been done to correct the problem? Have you had your sights for more or less than two years?
    I'd say I've had them about 2 years.

They were very inexpensive. It could be I just got a dud set.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'd say I've had them about 2 years.

They were very inexpensive. It could be I just got a dud set.
    They have arrived. Much heavier than I expected. Won't get to play till at least Monday.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is a two-for, AR-BUIS & Vortex Diamondback. While the height is right to cowitness, the min 4X magnification isn't.

Attachments

• IMG_20221212_142350344.jpg
      IMG_20221212_142350344.jpg
      254.6 KB · Views: 48
    • IMG_20221212_142504651.jpg
      IMG_20221212_142504651.jpg
      202.2 KB · Views: 52

LordPorter1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That scope must be EER, to get my eye relief right I always struggle to get my scope just in front of the charging handle so I don’t impede racking. But it’s always hit or miss with eye relief whether that’s too far forward or not

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That scope must be EER, to get my eye relief right I always struggle to get my scope just in front of the charging handle so I don’t impede racking. But it’s always hit or miss with eye relief whether that’s too far forward or not
    I like to keep my nose close to the charging handle, so any eye relief over 3 inches will work. Now the eye relief on my NVS is closer to 2 inches so the mount needs to be as far aft on the rail as possible. Thus the day scope and rear BUIS would need to be removed to facilitate remounting the NVS.

LordPorter1

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I like to keep my nose close to the charging handle, so any eye relief over 3 inches will work. Now the eye relief on my NVS is closer to 2 inches so the mount needs to be as far aft on the rail as possible. Thus the day scope and rear BUIS would need to be removed to facilitate remounting the NVS.
    My acogs are the same way I have to slide them all the way to the rear

Top Bottom