• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Yup, looks as good if not better than a Saiga 12, and nowhere near the cost of one. Could be an investment down the road?

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Big question is how dependable or reliable is it, especially with after market magazines. the problem with shotguns is that the d_mn shells and then even more so the mags are huge. I would like to see someone come up with a better system. If I was rich I would pay someone to make a shotgun using 5 round rotary 'clips' for special 20 ga loads. In 20 you can still load number 1 buck. The 20 allows one to have have thinner magazines. Not going to happen unless someone like keltec got interested. Shotgun shells have a lot of wasted space in them. The 1.5 inch mexican 12 gauge shell eliminate this. Using 3" 20 ga shells one could really make a 12 ga like load if the wasted space was used.

But none of this is going to happen. If you want to make money radical ideas are very hard to sell. most people can not think outside the box.
    I have a S-12 on the back burner to convert. I plan to mostly use 5 or may 8 round mags, bu they are really clumsy devices. I just do not like long magazines. In the AR and AK I like the 20 rounders. In full auto yes one wants 30 rounds or even drum mags.
    Right now an old fashioned pump 12 ga with number 4 buck is what i use for things that run through the bushes during thenight at my place.

Last edited:

bbentley40

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I agree it looks amazing.. and I have been tempted to buy one in the past. But my biggest concern is the unknown.. mainly the reliability. Would love to hear from someone with some first hand knowledge of owning one.

FNHman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Polymer ar style lower on a shotgun.... hmmmm, Id like to see one go through some buck shot first. And I cant find what the carrier and or bolt system is made from. Im fine with the aluminum upper and the barrel material but it seems the manufacture and or importers are hiding the rest.

I like the Lynx 12 better and have used a friends and it was really nice "saiga clone" as it accepts drums and I might get one if they ever switch to a forged carrier "GENII's should be imported soon", untill then I prefer the overpriced saiga 12 with the mini 12rd drum.

If no forged bolt or carrier stay away from it.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'll keep my Saiga12...unless someone wants it for a large lump sum

Have the saiga 12s gone up a lot in price? I have one that I never got around to converting and still have the horrible trigger pull in it.

Dotar Sojat

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I recently purchased the Citadel Boss 25, which is almost identical to the Panzer in the picture. It is also made in Turkey. I hate to give the gun bad reviews but I have yet to cycle a full mag through it without jamming. If there are only two shells in the mag, it functions as intended, more than that it will jam. It jams when loading the shell into the chamber as opposed to ejecting the shell. I'm not sure how to fix it, really don't want to send it back but I may have to. Anyone have a similar issue?

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I saw something similar for a detachable magazine fed pump gun. The gun was a chinese copy of the rem 870 set up to feed from Saiga magazines.
    See how they fixed it. I do not know if it will help your or not.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Stick with the Saiga. Friend of mine bought the Lynx clone and the bolt face sheared right in half
    The bolt carrier that includes the piston for the saiga will crack with time. I need to look around for the reinforced carrier that is sold. I also need to do the conversion on mine. The trigger is terrible. I fired it very little, but it functioned perfectly. Not a single jam.
    On a proper AK the piston is a separate from the carrier and when assembed properly there is play. AKMs flex when being fired. The saiga 12 relative to the frame is a modified AKM and i am sure it also flexes and so play is needed between the pistol and carrier in my opinion of the saiga 12 also.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Saigas do not come in anymore also because of sanctions is what I understand.
    For the saiga, I have looked for years trying to find some russian made steel case buckshot loads for the first round in the magazine to prevent that first round from getting smashed.

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    5 whole rounds! DANG!!!! :D
    5 rounds out of a 12 ga shot gun should do what I need. There are bigger mags mags that will work. If 5 rounds of double ought buck will not solve the problem, then I had better learn to run real fast. Reloads are quick.

Top Bottom