Patriot Mobile

Anywhere in Pensacola area that finishes 80% lowers?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    I found a specific 80% lower that I really like, but I lack the tools and skill to finish it. Any shops in the Pensacola area that finish these lowers? I know I can just buy a different finished one, but I like this one specifically. Thanks!

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    To my knowledge, if a shop is going to make it a functional lower receiver. they have to have a Federal Firearms License Class 07 manufacturer's license. They will also have to add their dealer information and a serial number to it. It also has to be recorded. I have never bothered to do an 80% lower, but from what I have seen, it is not hard to do one. There are kits you can buy that provide the proper block so that an individual can do it on their own. Now, that said, I do know of an individual/dealer who may be able to help you, but it will involve you being the one who does the work. If interested in knowing more, PM me.

Last edited:

Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    To my knowledge, if a shop is going to make it a functional lower receiver. they have to have a Federal Firearms License Class 07 manufacturer's license. They will also have to add their dealer information and a serial number to it. It also has to be recorded. I have never bothered to do an 90% lower, but from what I have seen, it is not hard to do one. There are kits you can buy that provide the proper block so that an individual can do it on their own. Now, that said, I do know of an individual/dealer who may be able to help you, but it will involve you being the one who does the work. If interested in knowing more, PM me.
    Interesting, I didn't take that into consideration. Thanks for the info! I'll give you a shout if I decide to grab it then.

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I found a specific 80% lower that I really like, but I lack the tools and skill to finish it. Any shops in the Pensacola area that finish these lowers? I know I can just buy a different finished one, but I like this one specifically. Thanks!
    When you say finish.... Do you mean making it 100% complete, or do you just want them to coat/ paint/ polish or something like that?

Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    When you say finish.... Do you mean making it 100% complete, or do you just want them to coat/ paint/ polish or something like that?
    I'd need the drilling and milling done, which fits what Tackleberry was saying. I guess it would be considered manufacturing a lower and would be a lot more work than I thought...

850guns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Look up Larry Blackburn. Aka Ammunition Sales. He is a manufacturer in Pensacola. He can do the machining, not sure if he does finishing.

Ric-san

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Plus don’t forget the new “law” when taking a 80% lower/frame to any FFL… they have to give it a SN # and then you have to 4473 you own lower/frame. Get a kit and finish it yourself…

Top Bottom