HD Tactical

Anyone wanna help me with an AR barrel swap? (Pensacola)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Grits1/5

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    I don’t have the proper gunsmithing tools anymore, so I though I’d see if a forum member with the right tools would be willing to help me with an AR15 barrel swap. I’ll provide the beer and some trade goods or cash, to show my appreciation, lol. I could send it to a gunsmith, but I’d like to save some money, and I would also like to participate and learn. It’s been many years since I’ve done a barrel swap, and this one is a little different than most…it’s a LWRC M6a2 upper, so it’s gas piston. I have the virtually unobtainable LWRC barrel wrench required for the barrel nut…seriously, I convinced myself to buy another complete LWRC rifle, just to get the damn special barrel nut wrench
    Im guessing that it won’t be much different than a regular AR barrel change, but I don’t want to take a chance of ruining an expensive upper by not using the right tools.
    If someone thinks it’s a bad idea to do this at home, and thinks I should use a professional gunsmith, let me know. But I would prefer to learn how to do it, so I can do it by myself in the future.

Kduly

PewPew
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Sorry guys, don't have the special LWRC barrel nut wrench and never worked on them before. I would recommend making the drive out to Jay to see oneshot. He's definitely more knowledgeable about how to approach this.

Top Bottom