Target Sports

Anyone use a Sight Mark Wraith NV scope?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave308

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wondering if I should upgrade the IR light. Only plan on shooting 100 yards or less for coyotes.

Pudge

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dave,

I have and use a Sightmark Wraith. If you are staying at 100 or under it is not a must change. You will however be able to tell a difference if you get something more powerful. I have mine on a .300blk Ruger American and only shoot subsonic so my effective range is only 200m but with the stock setup I can ID hog/coyote sized targets out to roughly 350-400m depending on environmental conditions. Below is a picture from my last range session with it. (Apologize for the bad picture as I hadn't gotten a sim card for the sight yet so I am taking a picture through the screen with my cell phone. But it will help give you an idea of the stock IR light.) Silhouette targets are at 100, the number markers are at about 350m. This is using the IR light that came with the scope.

20201006_192411.jpg

Dave308

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dave,

I have and use a Sightmark Wraith. If you are staying at 100 or under it is not a must change. You will however be able to tell a difference if you get something more powerful. I have mine on a .300blk Ruger American and only shoot subsonic so my effective range is only 200m but with the stock setup I can ID hog/coyote sized targets out to roughly 350-400m depending on environmental conditions. Below is a picture from my last range session with it. (Apologize for the bad picture as I hadn't gotten a sim card for the sight yet so I am taking a picture through the screen with my cell phone. But it will help give you an idea of the stock IR light.) Silhouette targets are at 100, the number markers are at about 350m. This is using the IR light that came with the scope.

View attachment 103431
    Thank you Pudge

M60Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I tried to get one on Amazon and they are out of stock til Feb. Web says the externa was discontinued?

Top Bottom