• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

It's Rock Island Armory USA, not RIA/Armscorp Philipines, made in Utah and designed by the guy who came up with the .22 TCM. Anyway, to me it looks like someone put a CZ slide on a 2011-style two-piece frame and used a new square barrel design with a unique lockup. Also kinda looks like the Hudson H9. From a video review I watched, it had a consistent 2lb 4oz trigger pull, every single test was the same result, 2lb 4oz instead of going up and down. Internal hammer I'm sure helps with that.
    Regardless of what anyone thinks of RIA, I love seeing new innovations and would love to put my hands on one of these at the range.

Jevaughn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    IMO, for a metal framed performance pistol that employs some interesting novel, nonstandard ideas, that price tag doesn't seem entirely unreasonable.
    It's not unreasonable, but for many of us, a thousand bucks is a lot to spend on something that's new and unproven. I imagine, like a lot of new things, there's going to be some kinks to work out. As much as I would love to have one of those, I can't drop that kinda cheddar for something that's purely a novelty gun at this point in my life.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    It's not unreasonable, but for many of us, a thousand bucks is a lot to spend on something that's new and unproven. I imagine, like a lot of new things, there's going to be some kinks to work out. As much as I would love to have one of those, I can't drop that kinda cheddar for something that's purely a novelty gun at this point in my life.
    Yeah, don't ya hate when reality pops in! Especially when you could buy 2 used glocks in a new flavor.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I didn't think they would be available until after SHOT from what I read

gnappi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I'm no 9mm user, but in any caliber that's not even remotely interesting. The article mentioning Browning was completely out of place, he should have mentioned the designer of Hi-Point... who was that anyway? Whoever it was, the designer of the RIA will be as well known :)

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Well, I would like to shoot one.

Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    I'm excited about this one the more I watch and read about it. Scooch did a video on the mechanical breakdown that shows the barrel in a fixed position and the guide rod actuating a dropping block that sits at the far front of the slide. Seems reliable and efficient, only one extra major part over a tilting barrel system yet still radically different. Really cool stuff, and I can't wait to see one. It's exciting to see mechanically different stuff hitting the market, and not at an insane price point (cough Laugo Alien cough)

Top Bottom