• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boogan1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Just getting into Cowboy Action shooting and wondered if there are any others on here who shoot it. I shot with Panhandle Cowboys the other day and plan on shooting with them and Panhandle Cattle Co. in december. Any other clubs around within a couple hours drive?

vincec

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    There are matches in Chipley on the 4th Saturday of the month and in Midway the second 2nd Saturday of the month. Those are the closest ones I know of besides the local club at ERGC. Go to the SASS website under the clubs tab and you can get all the details on them along with contact information.

Boogan1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I shot the match last week with the Panhandle Cowboys and plan on shooting with the group at chipley in dec. I was mainly asking if there were anyone else on here that shoots cowboy action trying to get a discussion going. Where is Midway?

Boogan1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oh cool! Were you at the last panhandle cowboys shoot? What is your alias? Mine is Jack Spade.

vincec

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Right now we are not doing much cowboy shooting. In the early years, we were shooting monthly matches somewhere nearly every weekend and lots of major matches all up and down the east coast. Pretty serious about it back then. But it kind of got old after a while and so did we. We moved to FL back in 2018 and haven't been shooting cowboy all that much since the move. Shoot at the local club most months, every now and then at Chipley and only shot at Midway when they had the state match there. For us, Midway is too far away to drive for a monthly match. Also shot the SE regional last year in north AL There are clubs in neighboring states but they are not close. The ones I already mentioned are the closest. How far you are willing to drive for a monthly match will decide what additional clubs are available.

Boogan1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Are you going to be at the Panhandle Cowboys match tomorrow? I am shooting over at Tallahassee today and Panhandle tomorrow.

vincec

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Well we were planning on being there but now it looks like a no. Something important has come up so we will miss again. Try again next month

Boogan1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Had a good time today with the Red Hills Rangers. Won the 49'er category and shot 8th overall. No misses but i did shoot one out of order so got a P. Shooting panhandle tomorrow.

vincec

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sorry we won't be there tomorrow. Have a good time. Hopefully we will get to the January shoot. Looking forward to meeting you

Latest posts

Top Bottom