Target Sports

Anyone happen to have experience with this product?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I bought some of the "Utiliclips" that is similar. They have a pull tab to yank on that unlocks it tho. They can also be used on knife sheaths n stuff also. I've even seen them used in tandem to make a Keltec sub200 drop leg holster. This seems to be a sort of copy of those. I bought them to be able to wall mount/ car mount/ belt mount a tiny PDW I have. I needed some different longer screws tho and never got around to finishing it yet. This seems about the same tho and hard to say which is better. But yeah neat ideas

McMillan

USMC
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    I feel like I could adapt the receiver piece to fit many things, for sure! I just wonder how cumbersome the stud is if you do pull the rifle out to work. I may tape a piece of wood to the buffer tube to get the effect for a bit and trial that. Thanks for the input!

Snake-Eyes

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I do not have experience with that product.

My observations: $80 for a “system” that allows you to gravity hang one weapon on one plate carrier. Any running, kneeling, sitting, etc might knock it off your attachment point fairly easily.

Not secure at all. Works on AR tubes only.

Something like this https://www.crosstac.com/shop-all-products/v-point-sling/ would be more secure, distribute the weight better, and it could be used with many more weapons. No need for a $40 kickstand on each AR tube. Sling an AK, or an AR, or a shotgun, etc...

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    103   0   0
    I do not have experience with that product.

My observations: $80 for a “system” that allows you to gravity hang one weapon on one plate carrier. Any running, kneeling, sitting, etc might knock it off your attachment point fairly easily.
    If you carry in front the way that guy is showing you want to take care the boys don't get in the way when your running, kneeling, sitting, etc. IMO

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Yeah I don't think it's meant really to actually hold it in long periods per say. Just something to allow ya to go hands free long enough to reload a mag etc then back into your hands. I don't think it's really meant to run around with or kneel etc. If they made a version where that stud could switch out of the way somehow when not in use that would be kind of cool.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    "mil-sim op"... if you're runnin. and gunnin', trip and fall on that pin/spike from where it hangs... i see a puncture wound pending. 2 point sling, or take it off when able. not for me for sure...

Jdcujo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Hate to say it but I've seen some of the early ones in 2014 from a small firm was trying to get in good with my old base in Charleston. The j4 chief just looked at him like he was an idiot.
    Will say from handling it ehhhhhhh

Latest posts

Top Bottom