APOD Firearms

Anyone else like sporting clays and skeet?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    moved recently and am looking for anyone else that may be interested in hooking up to bust some clays. i live in Pace and am close to Santa Rosa shooting center. pretty flexible as far as times, and I'm a pretty good shooter. not great, but i can hold my own! feel free to msg me if interested, and i'll get you my cell#. thanks and look forward to getting on the field.

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Yea well last time I went to "Bust a few clays" at santa rosa shooting center it cost 2 of us $111.00 to shoot just under 200 clays and that was with military discount, add the cost of ammo and it comes to $150.00 for a couple hours, so i kind of got out of the mood for that.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    dang, i know the clays can get spendy, but dang! got any suggestions for me as alternative spots?

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Well if you check with Pensacola Rifle Pistol Club Website , once a month or every other week ?? They have Open to Public Matches that only cost Very reasonable ? I forget

greywolf7373

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Coming in way late to the conversation but I think you should give SRSC another go. My wife and I were there yesterday getting a breakdown of the prices and activities available. The family membership of 250$ was very reasonable compared to other clubs we have been to and membership gives a respectable discount on clays (1000 clays / 428$) in ADDITION to the ability to use the clay ranges from sun up to sun down regardless of the office being open or not.
    As a couple that are trying to get back in to the sport, understanding that skill and practice doesn't come free, we found the staff and prices well within acceptable ranges and would love to set a meet with you G-rat though our availability is limited until the end of January.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Old post but I'll update since it's been revived. I'm hooked and it's expensive. Clays are up with inflation and fuel prices. Updated price was 48cents, but they are 50 now at Santa Rosa. I've heard a few things about The Oaks out at Element. Does it compare to Santa Rosa?

Longtooth

Do not let us mistake necessary evils for good
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Old post but I'll update since it's been revived. I'm hooked and it's expensive. Clays are up with inflation and fuel prices. Updated price was 48cents, but they are 50 now at Santa Rosa. I've heard a few things about The Oaks out at Element. Does it compare to Santa Rosa?
    I haven't shot skeet since I was 13 with my grandpa. :)

I drive past the oaks every time I'm out there and it looks cool, but I don't get enough range time as is.

@Tige had mentioned the Hurlburt Field Range and I have heard of it from other people as well. Sounds like a great place as well.

RidgeRunner

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    5,166 skeet shots

There have been disputes about this particular world record, but the current record holder is believed to have shot a total of 5,166 skeet shots in a row.

Top Bottom