• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

I thought that myself but I read somewhere they have spent $3,000,000 building the place so I guess if that's true (and I don't doubt it, I move a heap of dirt myself) the prices probably aren't bad. I just don't get many chances to shoot so I can't justify a big cash outlay.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Non members are considered guests and must be accompanied by a member. A member must be within arms reach of a guest at all times(while shooting) you are allowed to separate for bathroom breaks. Lol

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I thought that myself but I read somewhere they have spent $3,000,000 building the place so I guess if that's true (and I don't doubt it, I move a heap of dirt myself) the prices probably aren't bad. I just don't get many chances to shoot so I can't justify a big cash outlay.

$700 will buy you what appears to be a full membership and you get what is below. Smaller fees will you get lesser privileges.
    I am not sure how many they will sign up. The prices while not cheap, are probably consistent with the services offered.

$700
    Year

1000+ YD Rifle Range

600 YD Rifle Range

300 YD Rifle Range

100 YD Rifle Range

Private Pistol Bays RENTAL

Public & Members Pistol Bays

Sporting Clays (21 Stations)

5 Stand

Trap and Skeet

Archery
    Purchase Now

Cynical

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    How does the facilities/ranges and cost compair to CORE ?? --- SAWMAN

Much more territory than Core. Similar stations, just more of them in Holt. Cost is close but I think Core May be $50 cheaper per year.

One of the big marketing points (and time will tell how much it holds up) is that Holt has the LEO/Mil training range geographically separated from the membership ranges, so when there is contract training going on the whole place isn’t shut down. I’ve heard this as a complaint from Core members before, so if it works out it could be a competitive advantage for Holt. Too early to tell though.

Holt also has a fancy sporting clays course. Voice controlled so you can shoot it without a partner pulling for you.

Precision Tactical’s 2 gun matches are at Holt now also. Tomorrow is the second one for the 2019 series, the first one had 76 registered shooters.

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Hey, I spent $400+k on my house, come on by and bring $200 when you visit, just bc I spent so much building it. I'll grill some hotdogs. Thanks

Cynical

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That’s a cool humble brag. Can I shoot 1000 yds and a round of sporting clays at your house too, for the $200 yearly you want?

:thumb:

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I don't think it is high considering I pay $100 for skeet club dues + rounds for sporting clays, skeet, and trap...then $300+ for the weekend I shoot LR a couple of times a year at a similar facility.

Baddog 0302

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Since they are a "little " ways from anyone they should have added pictures of their facilities, ie, bench's , covered firing points on the 300,600 & 1000 , instead of at each click on their site there is a "join"

Big Shrek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Since they are a "little " ways from anyone they should have added pictures of their facilities, ie, bench's , covered firing points on the 300,600 & 1000 , instead of at each click on their site there is a "join"

Map would have been nice too...

For regular shooters, it's in line with other places memberships.
    For those who only shoot a few times a year, like me, not so much ;)

Last edited:

Baddog 0302

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Last posts were in May, Hasn't anyone been there to give a report ? Tried sending them an E mail with a few questions, like Are there target holders on the 300,600 & 1000 yd ranges. I saw something about golf cart rentals, I take it these are for going down range ?
    OR
    Maybe they are waiting for their law suit to come to an end before they go forward ??

Baddog 0302

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Went there last Thursday, shot on the 100-600 yd range. Had loads of fun clanging steel , although the 600 yd. targets are so heavy it's hard to hear them "clang" ** or maybe it's my 74 year old hearing.
    And it gets "warm" surrounded by a lot of pines & scrub oaks, can't wait for summer .
    Going again this Thursday or Friday
    ** may have to invest in a down range camera and a small & quiet generator to run a fan :cool:

FrommerStop

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Went there last Thursday, shot on the 100-600 yd range. Had loads of fun clanging steel , although the 600 yd. targets are so heavy it's hard to hear them "clang" ** or maybe it's my 74 year old hearing.
    And it gets "warm" surrounded by a lot of pines & scrub oaks, can't wait for summer .
    Going again this Thursday or Friday
    ** may have to invest in a down range camera and a small & quiet generator to run a fan :cool:
    What where you using to ring them with. Probably want to use at least a .308 to do the ringing with.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I thought you could go there without a membership and shoot on "non membership lanes"?

Just like SRSS, privileges for being a member, but not necessary.

NON-MEMBER DAILY RATE: $15
    Includes 100 YD Rifle Range and Public Pistol Bays Only

range.jpg

Lounge71

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I thought you could go there without a membership and shoot on "non membership lanes"?

Just like SRSS, privileges for being a member, but not necessary.

NON-MEMBER DAILY RATE: $15
    Includes 100 YD Rifle Range and Public Pistol Bays Only

View attachment 83342
    They have a 100 yard rifle range that is paper targets and a public pistol bay that allows static shooting and paper targets it's 15 bucks for the day. Everything is setup for members areas. They keep the two groups seperated. There are two memberships one that takes you out to 300 yards and they have steel targets and the other takes you out to past 1000 yards. Members can rent private bays to run drills by yourself or with you guest it's 25bucks for 2 hour blocks. I've been practicing in the private bays for 2 gun and great to take my boys just to plink by ourselves.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom