• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • no woryz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Got a very short lived great deal in the Cabelas bargain cave so I ordered one.... it references an optional $100 each turret to match ballistics.... any input? 5-25x50 going on a 7mm Mag

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I own several Zeiss scopes however they are the lower priced Terra models. They are also of the lower power as they go with some of my close to moderate range weapons (300BLK,etc).
    Seems that you have picked a good combo of long range gun and long range scope. I owned several 7mm Rem Mag weapons over the years. Hunting the huge clear cuts in Maine it was extremely usefull shooting out to 700yds in several cuts. I used a hand loaded Hornady 162gr BTHP for it's huge B.C. My scope was a 6.5-20X50 Leupold.
    I do not believe that you will be disappointed with your choice of that Conquest model of the Zeiss brand. ---SAWMAN

no woryz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Thanks Sawman, I always appreciate your input.... I'm pleased with the new scope/rifle combo..... its my go-to rifle if I'm hunting 300+yards or further although 350 is my longest hunting shot with it & kill with it.... I've accu-rized it a bit and the gun is shooting very well... The zeiss is a plex reticle as that was the one marked well down... I know you are familiar with target turrets as they are on the 220 swift I got from you..... Im considering them for this Zeiss but I am unsure how well they work in big game hunting applications.......

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    The specialized target turrets will work well for you on that gun,however. . . . You will need to make a "cheat sheet" to tape to the buttstock of the gun with the clicks for the different ranges or commit this to memory. And . . . . pick a long range bullet/load combo so that you can input the B.C. and bullet speed for your drops at ranges for the turrets.
    None of this will be any problem and will ensure proper scope adjustment (clicks) for shooting the longer ranges. One more thing that will come in handy is a laser rangefinder. At the "closer" distances it isn't to important,however the difference between 600 and 650 can easily equate to a clean miss. If you hunt some of the same areas you can laser the areas and make a chart of the known distances to a certain tree,rock,power pole,etc. I used to do this in the vast cuttings in Maine and it worked out great.
    Keep us informed how the project moves along. Good shooting/hunting.
    BTW . . . I have some 162gr A-Max if you want to try them. ---SAWMAN

Last edited:
    Top Bottom