• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • greenlinearms

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have had this old sword since i was a kid and when my grandmother passed away i found cleaning up the garage and house. its made in pakistan. a little buff job then it would look great. no pits of rust or nothing. just seeing if anyone knew about it or what its worth. i cant find it online. thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_3410.jpg
      IMG_3410.jpg
      78.5 KB · Views: 60

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Maybe try to take a pic of it then reverse image search it? It may pop out some similar ones at least. It being a Paki tho makes it not likely to be worth a whole lot. They did make some good stuff tho. It looks pretty well made with the solid copper parts. If that don't work tho head to the sword forums. It's what I did also with a mystery sword I had a while back. To me the thing looked real as heck but I was told in both forums it was a fake. Not sure if they was right but I had money involved in it and had to return it, even tho I still thought it was real lol. There's even a small chance it is something real and was stamped for export reasons. Ya never know. But the style alone tells me it was made for export. But... I'm no expert. Learned that the hard way lol

greenlinearms

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Maybe try to take a pic of it then reverse image search it? It may pop out some similar ones at least. It being a Paki tho makes it not likely to be worth a whole lot. They did make some good stuff tho. It looks pretty well made with the solid copper parts. If that don't work tho head to the sword forums. It's what I did also with a mystery sword I had a while back. To me the thing looked real as heck but I was told in both forums it was a fake. Not sure if they was right but I had money involved in it and had to return it, even tho I still thought it was real lol. There's even a small chance it is something real and was stamped for export reasons. Ya never know. But the style alone tells me it was made for export. But... I'm no expert. Learned that the hard way lol
    thanks for the input.. ill check it out

ABlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I’m no expert, but I do know a thing or two about swords.

The way the grip wood and metal meet has all the hallmarks of a made for export wall hanger.

If you are willing to take a risk, flex the blade along the flat side and see if it springs back to straight. If it holds the flex, it’s not made of legit steel. If it springs back, you have passed the first test.

greenlinearms

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I’m no expert, but I do know a thing or two about swords.

The way the grip wood and metal meet has all the hallmarks of a made for export wall hanger.

If you are willing to take a risk, flex the blade along the flat side and see if it springs back to straight. If it holds the flex, it’s not made of legit steel. If it springs back, you have passed the first test.
    OK, I bent it and it sprung back. I put it on two different forums online and haven't received any feedback from them .. thanks

ABlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

This video shows the kind of flex I’m talking about. I wasn’t very specific about how much to flex it and that’s on me. If this is the kind of flex you are getting then the steel is done right for a sword.

Edit: Watch the video! The flex in the thumbnail is a bit much for the average sword! None of mine would do that and I own a few real swords!

Last edited:

ABlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Also, this is a former champion sword guy that opened an antique arms shop in the UK. I’ve been following his channel for about 5+ years and his info is solid.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

This video shows the kind of flex I’m talking about. I wasn’t very specific about how much to flex it and that’s on me. If this is the kind of flex you are getting then the steel is done right for a sword.

Oh man. I kinda cringed watching that guy bend that steel so close to face with no eye protection lol. Some good hard steel can break also when bent to extremes. Only difference is when it breaks tho it shatters at times like a bomb sorta. Not the best place to have your soft squishy organs right beside when it happens lol. Pretty crazy to see how much that spring like sword steel can flex. Cool stuff!

ABlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oh man. I kinda cringed watching that guy bend that steel so close to face with no eye protection lol. Some good hard steel can break also when bent to extremes. Only difference is when it breaks tho it shatters at times like a bomb sorta. Not the best place to have your soft squishy organs right beside when it happens lol. Pretty crazy to see how much that spring like sword steel can flex. Cool stuff!
    A blacksmith I know who forges swords told me never to buy a stainless steel blade longer than 12” for that very reason. It’s not flexible enough for lengths beyond that and you risk it shattering or snapping.

Edit: Stainless blade snapping on QVC for those that haven’t seen it!

Last edited:

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    A blacksmith I know who forges swords told me never to buy a stainless steel blade longer than 12” for that very reason. It’s not flexible enough for lengths beyond that and you risk it shattering or snapping.

Edit: Stainless blade snapping on QVC for those that haven’t seen it!

Wow. Never seen that clip before! Did they ever say where it got em at? And yeah in theory a piece when launched I guess can move as fast as the end of a while when cracked, which is super sonic. When the ends flick after the stress is relieved when it breaks I bet can be crazy fast

greenlinearms

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Edit: Watch the video! The flex in the thumbnail is a bit much for the average sword! None of mine would do that and I own a few real swords!

lol yeah, defiantly did not do that lol.. thats a whole new level.

greenlinearms

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    thanks for all the input guys. I got a gun show this weekend in Pensacola. usually, there's a guy beside me that does all the knives and swords, and I was going to ask him... I'll let yall know what he says. probably nothing I want to find out.

Top Bottom