APOD Firearms

Any reports on the FWB gunshow this weekend, January 30 & 31?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G2G

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I went, sold some ammo in the parking lot, and one of the vendors called the sheriff over. Was informed I couldn’t sell in the parking lot. Looked like a good turnout, I was there for 10 minutes or so.

Telum Pisces

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I went, sold some ammo in the parking lot, and one of the vendors called the sheriff over. Was informed I couldn’t sell in the parking lot. Looked like a good turnout, I was there for 10 minutes or so.
    Wonder what rule out law says that you can't sell in the parking lot?

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Tables in Panama City were $75 per weekend, Entry was $8 before HM and the fairgrounds rebuild. The gun show never went back to PC and is in Laketown Wharf, entry is $10 (without discount applied) but I don't know the table rent fee in that much nice facility. You can pay entry and walk around doing the buy/see//trade thing but you can't homestead in a clear spot without paying vendor fees. Same must apply to parking lots but I've caught deals going to/from lots.

Edit per #8 on old location table price. Thanks WarEagle.

Last edited:

gameaholic

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I was going to go but met some members in Pensacola. Would like to know if they have any rifle powders and price. I may go tomorrow if so.

wareagle50

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Tables in Panama City were $75 eash per day, Entry was $8 before HM and the fairgrounds rebuild. The gun show never went back to PC and is in Laketown Wharf, entry is $10 (without discount applied) but I don't know the table rent fee in that much nice facility. You can pay entry and walk around doing the buy/see//trade thing but you can't homestead in a clear spot without paying vendor fees. Same must apply to parking lots but I've caught deals going to/from lots.
    It was 75$ per table for the weekend, not per day.

dogamus rex

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Plenty of ammo at crazy prices, didn;t see alot of buying though, people had one or two boxes walking out door. Had a buddy who works there says most what he heard was people bitching about prices but with minimum buying. Alot of cheap ARs for sale $599. I didn't see a single "good deal", not in what I look for anyway. I did buy alot of cleaning supplies for cheap. Usually 50%- 30% cheaper than walmart. I just like to look mostly.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Wonder what rule out law says that you can't sell in the parking lot?

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    In general, its trespassing (or trespassing while armed) if you squat on private/business property conducting business selling hotdogs, pots and pans or guns/ammo. The Show "Owner" is exclusively renting the venue and parking access for it. He could have been booted by property or show owner. There shouldn't be freeloading sellers setting up in the lot and competing with Shows "paid vendors". Yes, some deals are made going to/from the Show/parking. Setting up "Shop" in the lot is a whole different level, a poor decision and getting ejected shouldn't have been a surprise.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Does this also apply to those walking around selling guns or a couple of boxes of ammo?
    The guys walking around selling guns are the only reason I go to a gun show and that’s not enough of an incentive for me to brave the crowds these days.

ls1_guru

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    From my experience, what you see at a gun show you will find at local gun shops, armslist, local gun groups and forums like this.

Same over priced stuff. Can see it for free here and not pay $10 to get in to see the same shit.

If I wanted to meet anyone face to face that is always open anytime and we can grab a beer and talk guns, cars, women..whatever.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    From my experience, what you see at a gun show you will find at local gun shops, armslist, local gun groups and forums like this.

Same over priced stuff. Can see it for free here and not pay $10 to get in to see the same shit.

If I wanted to meet anyone face to face that is always open anytime and we can grab a beer and talk guns, cars, women..whatever.
    Well it beats driving 80 miles round trip per item. Sure you'll pay more than the internet but you can drag your stuff in and sell or trade too.. But at least I get to meet some great people buying off the forum.

ls1_guru

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I would rather put some time into meeting some people here than at a gun show, that is part of why I said what I said.

Not joking either, I'll sit down and talk some good gun stuff with the people who are cool.

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Does this also apply to those walking around selling guns or a couple of boxes of ammo?
    The guys walking around selling guns are the only reason I go to a gun show and that’s not enough of an incentive for me to brave the crowds these days.
    Walk, buy/sell/trade/carry small sign after you paid admission is fine. Park yourself and and set out your goods will get you a Warning or kicked out, "Argue" with Show Staff that you bought a ticked per their ads: buy/sell/trade, won't cut it. Argue that point when Deputy Gun Checker finds you won't work either. At this point you risk arrest.

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    It varies per show. Up in Maine all the shows across the whole state were generally expected to provide tables just for men to sit at who had bought tickets. But that also may have been due to an older general population and old fashioned polite values from a more rural population. And even though the promoters would post signs at the door saying no outside sales, it was never enforced. You were just as likely to have your stuff bought by a dealer walking around outside as you were a fellow visitor. Here I think the whole issue has just gotten out of hand. People have lost their sense of right/wrong and sense of community when they call sheriff's on their neighbors for the sake of shutting down their economic competition. That's called "government controlled by business" and it's also the textbook political science definition of fascism

Last edited:

wildrider666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It varies per show. Up in Maine all the shows across the whole state were generally expected to provide tables just for men to sit at who had bought tickets. But that also may have been due to an older general population and old fashioned polite values from a more rural population. And even though the promoters would post signs at the door saying no outside sales, it was never enforced. You were just as likely to have your stuff bought by a dealer walking around outside as you were a fellow visitor. Here I think the whole issue has just gotten out of hand. People have lost their sense of right/wrong and sense of community when they call sheriff's on their neighbors for the sake of shutting down their economic competition. That's called "big government controlled by big business" and it's also the textbook political science definition of fascism
    My comments were first hand in Bay Co. Fl. I can't buy your big gov line because the Show Organizer pays for the facility use, vendors pay their table/space fee. As I already said, deals do happen to/from (or conclude) in parking lots, trying to set up shop there is B.S. Just like ANY business open to the public your access can be restricted or terminated. Can folks set up a swap meet in your yard? They aren't competing with you, just using the real estate you pay for because there's better traffic flow past your house. Parking in your driveway is convenient for them and customers can park on your lawn. You have insurance in case one of the gets hurt? You don't think people should pay their own freight? Anyone without permission can use other's property? How about economic competition on a level playing field? I love the kids lemonade stands and cars washes. Girl Scouts get permission before the set up at business as do the Salvation Army Bell Ringers with donation pots. If sombody started selling a bunch of ammo out of the back of a SUV in a Wally, Public's or Target's parking lot, that wouldn't last long either. It's not big gov controlled by business or fascism, it's called property rights. The free shit Line starts in front of biden. Who you going to call to get the "neighbors" and vehicles out of your yard when they refuse to go?

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    My comments were first hand in Bay Co. Fl. I can't buy your big gov line because the Show Organizer pays for the facility use, vendors pay their table/space fee. As I already said, deals do happen to/from (or conclude) in parking lots, trying to set up shop there is B.S. Just like ANY business open to the public your access can be restricted or terminated. Can folks set up a swap meet in your yard? They aren't competing with you, just using the real estate you pay for because there's better traffic flow past your house. Parking in your driveway is convenient for them and customers can park on your lawn. You have insurance in case one of the gets hurt? You don't think people should pay their own freight? Anyone without permission can use other's property? How about economic competition on a level playing field? I love the kids lemonade stands and cars washes. Girl Scouts get permission before the set up at business as do the Salvation Army Bell Ringers with donation pots. If sombody started selling a bunch of ammo out of the back of a SUV in a Wally, Public's or Target's parking lot, that wouldn't last long either. It's not big gov controlled by business or fascism, it's called property rights. The free shit Line starts in front of biden. Who you going to call to get the "neighbors" and vehicles out of your yard when they refuse to go?
    I already have neighbors and their stuff in my yard and I call nobody because I practice what I preach. It's called a neighborhood. People are friendly and respectful and the parents with their kids and pets go wherever they want and nobody cares. Its called visiting and living life together and not holing up on your private property waiting to die. It's how people get to know each other. I bet your life is miserable if you spend it all on running people off. Everybody knows everybody else here and nobody is scared of their neighbors. It's called the Golden Rule. It doesn't have to be "oh that was nice a hundred years ago, times were simpler and better back then, go Mayberry". No, it can be like Mayberry now, right here and now, you just gotta let it be. You gotta be the change you wish to see, and I see everybody being nice, respectful, forgiving, but reserving the right to go full Rambo on somebody should the need arise. Which it won't, as long as everybody's being nice
    Screenshot_20210202-052256_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210202-050603_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I do not "use" the neighbors property and they do not "use" mine. We all get along great. Both white and black.
    Their effin dogs do not shit in my yard and their ankle biters do not roller blade up down my driveway. I'm just a total asshole. Soooooooooo . . . ??
    The "golden rule" is being strickly observed by me and my neighbors both. --- SAWMAN

Top Bottom