• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 850guns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Anyone have experience with Primarily Weapons Systems.
    Particularly their Mk1 long stroke piston gas system, and their Mod2 lowers?

Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    I just built a PWS Mod2 lower for my Vltor upper. The quality is quite nice and it interfaced well with the MUR. I was worried the ambi bolt stop might get in the way of the oversized forward assist assembly but it *just* clears it. Super cool to lock and unlock the bolt with my trigger finger as a righty.

Haven't fired one with their upper, but I fooled with a MK1 at Grayman in Milton. The PWS upper is suuuuper heavy for a 16" but the quality seemed nice. The price was great there too.

850guns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    What are your thoughts on the pws lower versus a mil spec lower with a bad lever and ambi mag release?

Also where did you source the lower?

Carl duty

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    A little heavy but a good piston system.I have had PWS ,Sig,Adcor and POF all have things I like.

Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    What are your thoughts on the pws lower versus a mil spec lower with a bad lever and ambi mag release?

Also where did you source the lower?
    I'm not personally fond of the BAD lever. Looks kinda clumsy to me, just asking to get caught up and break on something. The PWS is definitely a refined system. Everything is well sealed off and cleanly and elegantly laid out.

Grabbed mine at Grayman Armory in milton! Great shop.

Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Here's a couple closer up pics on my build. You can see that the ambi bolt stop is really pretty close to my VLTOR upper's forward assist. If it was any bigger, it would definitely interfere with the function. You can also see that the standard bolt stop has a pretty big paddle, so it may not fit certain bullets (fits the MUR perfect though).

Attachments

• 20230429_203906.jpg
      20230429_203906.jpg
      283.8 KB · Views: 64
    • 20230429_203920.jpg
      20230429_203920.jpg
      316 KB · Views: 65
    • 20230429_203939.jpg
      20230429_203939.jpg
      472.5 KB · Views: 60

Themumfordman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    I had a PWS 116 upper for a while, really nice shooter. Ran really clean, even suppressed. Never used one of their lowers, but I’ve generally been impressed by the quality of there parts. Definitely heavier than a DI gun for sure.

I’ve got one of their locking end plate and castle nut sets on a bud I’m doing now. Really solid lockup.

Themumfordman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    I'm not personally fond of the BAD lever. Looks kinda clumsy to me, just asking to get caught up and break on something. The PWS is definitely a refined system. Everything is well sealed off and cleanly and elegantly laid out.

Grabbed mine at Grayman Armory in milton! Great shop.

I agree with you on the BAD lever. I bought one years ago, tried it, and it still sits in my parts bins. Best lower I ever used is the one I did my SBR with, SilencerCo billet full Ambi model. It comes with the best right-side catch/release I’ve ever used. Very light, durable, and runs like a freaking champ.

Attachments

• 8559192C-AF32-4DC8-83FD-FA649DB04984.jpeg
      8559192C-AF32-4DC8-83FD-FA649DB04984.jpeg
      276.8 KB · Views: 48

Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    I agree with you on the BAD lever. I bought one years ago, tried it, and it still sits in my parts bins. Best lower I ever used is the one I did my SBR with, SilencerCo billet full Ambi model. It comes with the best right-side catch/release I’ve ever used. Very light, durable, and runs like a freaking champ.
    Those Silencerco lowers are very sharp! I picked the PWS because it better fit the esthetic of my upper lol

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Yeah BAD levers actually encourage users to break basic Firearm safety rules by encouraging them to put thier finger into the trigger guards to do anything other than to fire the gun. After dropping a live round, or choosing to lock back on a loaded mag... the trigger is very close behind it. So I wouldn't put one in just anyone's hands. Then even with the best of hands mistakes can happen.

Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    So an update on my opinion, it appears the ambi bolt stop DOES get interfered with by the large forward assist assembly. While I was at the range, the recoil caused the bolt to occasionally lock open since the ambi catch doesn't always sit flat like it should. So if you have a VLTOR MUR, the PWS lower probably won't work 100% without modifying. Big sad, really like the lower.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    So an update on my opinion, it appears the ambi bolt stop DOES get interfered with by the large forward assist assembly. While I was at the range, the recoil caused the bolt to occasionally lock open since the ambi catch doesn't always sit flat like it should. So if you have a VLTOR MUR, the PWS lower probably won't work 100% without modifying. Big sad, really like the lower.
    Yeah. Sorry to hear that. So far that is an awesome looking setup tho.

850guns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I'm on the fence with the bad lever, I have a couple. And they work. Just not sure about it being in the trigger area. However, my Bren 2 has a bolt release/catch in the trigger guard area. And it has been adopted by foreign militaries.
    Anangrypasta, a file is your friend.(?)
    Or consider possibly selling it to me?

Last edited:

850guns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    The PWS is heavier because of the long stroke piston gas system. I'm hoping the heavy makes it also heavy duty.
    Anyone hear about high round counts in these barrels?

Last edited:

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Is the right side bho in contact with your upper? I've got the same combo. Mine are really close but the bho isn't touching.

Top Bottom