• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Anangrypasta

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Hi guys! Looking for a holster company in town, anyone gave recommendations? I have, apparently, a very non-standard setup and I can't find a holster online. Want to make a range/duty type holster for my Steyr L9A2 with the light. Thanks!

Attachments

• 20230408_155814.jpg
      20230408_155814.jpg
      700.1 KB · Views: 38

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Orpaz doesn't list a Steyer, but it's hard to imagine it not fitting due to its adjustability, both for barrel length and height from bottom of trigger guard to top of slide, plus the availability of various adapters. The only question is whether the light will fit the standard T40 (like mine) or whether you would need the T40X, which has a larger light housing (no Holosuns on their list of lights).

Note that you should be able to ask a question through the website as to fit, and that they can be ordered on Amazon. Pics of mine below... fits like it was made for it!

https://www.orpazdefense.com/t40-li...t~Loop+hand-Right~hand+flashlight_size-Medium
    (note that this page^^^ can take about 20 seconds to open, probably thanks to all the selections being made)

https://www.orpazdefense.com/t-series-adapters-kit.html

https://www.orpazdefense.com/orpaz-t-40x-flashlight-spacer.html

P.S., best part about the Orpaz is, if you change lights... or even the pistol itself... you can likely just adjust it to fit the new one : )

Attachments

• DSC09450web2.jpg
      DSC09450web2.jpg
      469.5 KB · Views: 24
    • DSC09468web2.jpg
      DSC09468web2.jpg
      502.7 KB · Views: 28
    • DSC09476web.jpg
      DSC09476web.jpg
      267.7 KB · Views: 29
    • DSC09464web.jpg
      DSC09464web.jpg
      302.8 KB · Views: 30
    Last edited:

TK5o

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Ah. I was looking under the g34 specific selection not the universal

DustyDog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Ah. I was looking under the g34 specific selection not the universal
    That's strange...

As far as I know, there are only two part numbers in the T40 series: The T40 (for medium lights) and the T40X (same holster with a bigger housing for large lights). The only reason they have you select Make/Model is to make sure it's one that is known to fit... remember, they are adjustable, and thus "universal" in a sense, anyway. Outside of that list, you may have to contact them, but they may not even be aware of all models that will work.

MAYBE they only package right-handers with the extended muzzle adapter necessary for the G34, but you could just buy a left-handed "universal" T40 and buy the extended adapter? The site says it will accommodate barrels longer than 7.5", but I don't believe that... maybe they meant slides longer than 7.5"? (Aha! Elsewhere, they say slides longer than 7.5" : ) A 5.5" barrel should be no problem, though. Again, e-mailing them might be a good idea, since I e-mailed them with some pics and impressions of mine (at the Israeli address), and got a quick response.

https://www.orpazdefense.com/t40-x-barrel-extension-muzzle-support-replacement.html

Keep in mind that it appears you get them direct from Orpaz's office in NY if you order on Amazon, for a lower price and with Amazon's return policy, so you could always try one with no risk.

Just keep in mind that all of the above is "as far as I know" : )

Latest posts

Top Bottom