Patriot Mobile

Any idea what the market value is for an H&K MP 5?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    It would be best to sell to a dealer or do a consignment. I would not spend that much on an individual and let them hold it for a year while the paperwork gets approved. Too much could happen (death, damage, move, etc).
    They wouldn't hold it while they paperwork was pending, the original owner would.

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    If you didn't have an approved F4... how would you possess the NFA item...?

Go through an ffl. Ffl gets paid to take it and hold it until the paperwork comes through.

There are several large shops that will transfer an NFA item to a local FFL to hold (and use if they have an on site range).

I would not buy a $1,000 gun that an individual would hold for a year. The liability is huge. If the person dies or the item breaks then what is your recourse? The money would be gone. If the person dies then you could be in court for years spending thousands - if not tens of thousands.

FYI - two weeks of legal work after my brother had an accident and was in a coma ran up a $39,000 bill that was literally 1” thick (they fed exed it to me and that was included in the bill).

John B.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Go through an ffl. Ffl gets paid to take it and hold it until the paperwork comes through.

There are several large shops that will transfer an NFA item to a local FFL to hold (and use if they have an on site range).

I would not buy a $1,000 gun that an individual would hold for a year. The liability is huge. If the person dies or the item breaks then what is your recourse? The money would be gone. If the person dies then you could be in court for years spending thousands - if not tens of thousands.

FYI - two weeks of legal work after my brother had an accident and was in a coma ran up a $39,000 bill that was literally 1” thick (they fed exed it to me and that was included in the bill).
    It would have to be transferred to the SOT2/7 via form 4 (since it's already on a form 4) and then transferred to the buyer via another form 4.... so. In essence, you'll wait for 2 different form 4s to be approved before taking possession.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    ^^^^^
    Yeah, exactly.

Form 3 non-taxable transfers are different than Form 1/4s and are only FFL/FFL

Anyway, really don't care either way.

Little Jack

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Form 4 to a dealer has taken a little less time than the current average in the couple I've seen.

Either way, there's a wait involved during which shit can go sideways. Buyer/seller would have to work that one out.

FWIW, the only time I had a deal go south was for a SBR. Paperwork was filed, seller canceled the deal, I got my $200 back for the tax but never recouped the cost of the rifle. ATF didn't give a shit.

Richonsa

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Former FFL/SOT: if an non sot person or entity sells an nfa item, it must transfer on form 4. Period. I used to run eforms on a form 3 and sometimes get approval same day. But my inventory was listed in atf site. Clicked a few buttons etc and done. Non SOT isn’t doing that.

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Probably why there are so few person to person Form 4s, or even re-sale of SBR / SBS / Suppressors. The only reason people entertain the extra cost and drama for a FA is the artificially limited number available to civies. Even then it is sometimes easier to get an FFL / SOT to get a FA to play with (dealer samples, post samples, and all those other special deals).

And in today's ammunition market, there are many things I'd rather spend $10K-40K on than a Full Auto. Had plenty of fun with them in the military - M16, M4, M249, M2, MK19, M203... even a M2 out of a HH-60... now that was FUN. But Uncle Sugar was paying the tab and those 50rd boxes of 50cal were F-R-E-E to me.

Anyway OP, good luck with the potential sale.

Crazydoc68

Almost a doctor
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Probably why there are so few person to person Form 4s, or even re-sale of SBR / SBS / Suppressors. The only reason people entertain the extra cost and drama for a FA is the artificially limited number available to civies. Even then it is sometimes easier to get an FFL / SOT to get a FA to play with (dealer samples, post samples, and all those other special deals).

And in today's ammunition market, there are many things I'd rather spend $10K-40K on than a Full Auto. Had plenty of fun with them in the military - M16, M4, M249, M2, MK19, M203... even a M2 out of a HH-60... now that was FUN. But Uncle Sugar was paying the tab and those 50rd boxes of 50cal were F-R-E-E to me.

Anyway OP, good luck with the potential sale.
    Try an M134 on a side by side.

Fun times.

Doc

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    It would be best to sell to a dealer or do a consignment. I would not spend that much on an individual and let them hold it for a year while the paperwork gets approved. Too much could happen (death, damage, move, etc).

That said a dealer can’t pay retail because they have to sell it, then hold it for a year, and then it may not be approved and they have to do it all over. There is risk and cost in long term transactions.
    That happened to me. Look out for the Class3 dealer and any 40% consignment fees.

Top Bottom