• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    My carry rifle from 79 thru 82 including the Falklands war when I wasn't carrying my Stirling SMG and Browning Hi-Power
    Misspelled “Sterling”. Did troops call it “Sterling” or was it called a “L2A3”? Was it carried stock folded or stock unfolded? I ask because I own one and with my fumble fingers, to unfold the stock quick can lead to a pinched fingers.

skippyt

Expert
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Misspelled “Sterling”. Did troops call it “Sterling” or was it called a “L2A3”? Was it carried stock folded or stock unfolded? I ask because I own one and with my fumble fingers, to unfold the stock quick can lead to a pinched fingers.
    Spellchecker got me, we had no numbers for them, the L1a1 was called an SLR, and the Sterling was an SMG, we carried stock open, otherwise we got called "yanks"

Daezee

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Spellchecker got me, we had no numbers for them, the L1a1 was called an SLR, and the Sterling was an SMG, we carried stock open, otherwise we got called "yanks"
    Thank you for the informative reply. My “SMG” has been very reliable and controllable.

Top Bottom