APOD Firearms

Any body have any Experiance with Durafill?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rebuilt

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Thinking about building a HD gun out of an shot gun that has rolled stamping on the receiver that I just Plain don't like. Its fairly deep and I dont want to sand or file it off and compromise the receiver.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Never used the stuff.......HOWEVER.......is it kinda like "Crack Spackle". See associated pic for referance. --- SAWMAN

Attachments

• 74585-a1.jpg
      74585-a1.jpg
      7.2 KB · Views: 190

Rebuilt

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I don't beleive so sawman, though I could use some if that to lol.
    From what I have seen it looks like a thicker version of duracoat. Mainly I just want to fill the right side engravings, I think the Left will get covered by a shell holder.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I have no expierance with what you are trying to accomplish. I would think that it would be somewhat difficult to finish up with an even coat that blended well. Is it a possibility to leave the weapon as is and say that it "has character" ??

Sorry for the above.....just couldn't resist. Personally...I don't need Crack Spackle...my back will not allow me to bend over far enough to be needin' some. --- SAWMAN

Idoono

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    No experience with Durafill but I have used Devcon before. Just make sure to wipe off the excess before it hardens, if not you will have to either machine it off or sand it down.

Idoono

deadeyeluke

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    As a body man with 30 yrs experience I can tell you all about it. None of these fillers have structural strength so NEVER use them as a replacement for welding. On the other hand when they are used for cosmetic repairs they are perfect. The ones with resin and hardener are what you want, and for that you can use products like j-b weld, or all metal nowadays there are lots of good chemicals to fit the bill.and yes you will have to sand and reapply a few times for the perfect finish.but it's not rocket science. Good luck

Top Bottom