• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Viking1204

Master

Bodhisattva

Marksman
    It is sad, and hopefully not some incident the Dems will use to further their gun control agenda. Georgia does not have any red-flag laws, and they allow teachers to carry in school.

So yes, let's hope this is not some September-surprise election cycle ploy to influence the outcome of 2024.

Bodhisattva

Marksman
    This needs to be followed closely. The only other case I’m aware of where the parents were charged was the Michigan case, and they were convicted.

We obviously don’t know all the facts in this Georgia case yet, but we should pay close attention to it.

Southalabama

Master
    This needs to be followed closely. The only other case I’m aware of where the parents were charged was the Michigan case, and they were convicted.

We obviously don’t know all the facts in this Georgia case yet, but we should pay close attention to it.
    Very close

As a kid I received guns and a rifle but it wasn’t a scary black “assault rifle”.

So, if this holds they’d not allow us to give our kids guns?

I can understand civil liability but having trouble with criminal liability.

Bodhisattva

Marksman
    Not sure if this is the kid or not. Def checks a lot of boxes.
    B9C6BDFF-71C7-483E-99EB-BF0908EA389A.png

sloporsche

Master
    margaritaville bay county ...old people place
    Surely this new prosecution philosophy of going after the parents will be used equitably to go after gangbangers, carjackers, muggers, robbers, etc., who utilize guns in their crimes.
    a lot of if's but the answer is yes IF the parents provided the weapon for the crime and the parent had reasonable knowledge that they would commit a crime

ccc

Master
    Surely this new prosecution philosophy of going after the parents will be used equitably to go after gangbangers, carjackers, muggers, robbers, etc., who utilize guns in their crimes.
    You know some of it I agree with. Case in point, we have a family member that the entire family knows has mental issues, I mean like every time I turn on the news I am afraid I will see him in a shooting just like this. And his mother has let him collect guns and knives from a very young age. He is legally of age to do so, but he is under her roof. So in my opinion if he does something stupid she should be prosecuted.

sloporsche

Master
    You know some of it I agree with. Case in point, we have a family member that the entire family knows has mental issues, I mean like every time I turn on the news I am afraid I will see him in a shooting just like this. And his mother has let him collect guns and knives from a very young age. He is legally of age to do so, but he is under her roof. So in my opinion if he does something stupid she should be prosecuted.
    We all need to do a firearm security check family /friends wise every so often

sloporsche

Master
    For all the the/they/them crowd for equality sure is pressing hard for the first "female" president. "They" live in make believe land. Even further from Kansas than Oz.
    It would not have gotten this far had a senile old coot state my VP will be a woman of color ....that was the first qualifications not experience ,poise ,class, record ...it backfired on them being stuck with her after brandon went bonkers and no one had the balls to throw the negro woman under the bus

Carl

Master
    Yeah great idea just like the patriot act and red flag laws.

ccc

Master
    Yeah great idea just like the patriot act and red flag laws.
    I am 100% 2A but sorry if you KNOW you have a mentally unstable person in your house and you give them a gun (In the case of this latest shooting) or allow them access to guns they should throw your dumb @ss under the jail !!!!! Parents put “Love” over safety. That dad should have had that whack job son in a padded cell !!!!!

Top Bottom