• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fodderwing

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    That's interesting that you mention live hog trade because that is about the only thing you aren't supposed do with hogs these days in FL - Trap them and transport them alive.
    30 plus years ago, statute of limitations expired and participants are deceased.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    30 plus years ago, statute of limitations expired and participants are deceased.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Oh, not saying it shouldn't have happened - I have no idea when the law was passed and this was likely well before the current infestation of hawgs that is all over these days.

I recall a good friend of mine going on a hog hunt in TN or KY back in the day - we were just teens but he was a big hunter with his dad. He had a video of the dogs running a big hog and he was going to shoot it with his bow until it gored one of the dogs, then be drew a S&W 44 mag and blasted it.

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    we dropped loads off at a local processor for weeks once. Trying to do as you suggest. They hung in his cooler after skinning until he had to bury them. When is the last time you made donations of this type and large. Maybe you just have better luck with it.
    I have a connection with a member of a local church group that includes a meat processor, BBQ smoking, and transport to the elderly and impoverished. The most I've ever donated at one time was 3 pigs, but I am not the only one that donates. The counties South of Duval have all the needy of Jacksonville and the surrounding areas to support, the need is great and supplies are always short unfortunately. It may be as simple as finding a local charity that has a program already in place. Talk with church clergy, they may be able to offer up a connection? YMMV.

Jester896

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I have given away as many as 8 deer to a local church..they even payed the processing fees. All I had to do was shoot them and drop them off. Hawgs are a little different around here with the USDA regs. I don't think they can run them both at the same time or even store them in the same cooler. I can't imagine federal regs being that different from state to state

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    My great uncle used to trap hogs at Philips Inlet at the west end of Panama City Beach back in the 50s and 60s. He had wooden pens all over the woods. A few were still there in the 80s.
    He would take them to his place, fatten them up and butcher them.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    I have given away as many as 8 deer to a local church..they even payed the processing fees. All I had to do was shoot them and drop them off. Hawgs are a little different around here with the USDA regs. I don't think they can run them both at the same time or even store them in the same cooler. I can't imagine federal regs being that different from state to state
    Same in bama. Have to do one or the other not both.

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    I still wanna see more G41, G40 action!! Frangible test too!!
    If I was you and hunted alot with handguns, I'd check into the FK Bruno. I think they have the model that is somewhat modular in how it comes with barrels for several calibers like 9mm etc, but it's biggest claim to fame is the 7.5 round it shoots. While it may be a harder to get round you can likely buy a few hundred and last a lifetime if your practice with let's say the 9mm barrel. Last review I saw long ago showed it piercing a crazy amount of gel. Maybe too much piercing lol? Can't recall the amount of cavitation but at the speeds it produces I bet it's alot. It may even fly flatter, further. I think they used it on some big game in a few videos. When I first saw it advertised I kinda expected it to sweep across the gun world fast. It could have died off already tho for unknown reasons. I at the time told myself I'd wait to see if anyone made a chassis for it before I checked into buying one. I kinda forgot all about since until now. I may check into it myself now that I think about it

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    If I was you and hunted alot with handguns, I'd check into the FK Bruno. I think they have the model that is somewhat modular in how it comes with barrels for several calibers like 9mm etc, but it's biggest claim to fame is the 7.5 round it shoots. While it may be a harder to get round you can likely buy a few hundred and last a lifetime if your practice with let's say the 9mm barrel. Last review I saw long ago showed it piercing a crazy amount of gel. Maybe too much piercing lol? Can't recall the amount of cavitation but at the speeds it produces I bet it's alot. It may even fly flatter, further. I think they used it on some big game in a few videos. When I first saw it advertised I kinda expected it to sweep across the gun world fast. It could have died off already tho for unknown reasons. I at the time told myself I'd wait to see if anyone made a chassis for it before I checked into buying one. I kinda forgot all about since until now. I may check into it myself now that I think about it
    Saw those. Would rather get my dream gun the lone eagle in 308...
    Screen-Shot-2018-05-15-at-2.54.35-PM.png

Top Bottom