• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • B52

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Maybe they will make a real straight wall cartridge. I'm thinking 45-70.....

fisheadgib

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Most of these new straight walled cartridges are designed to comply with the hunting laws in a few states. I have several friends that hunt in Michigan and are always looking for a round that complies with their laws and has the most energy and range. A lot of the existing straight walled cartridges are too long so people look for the hottest cartridge that fits the law.

RMS

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think gun/cartridge innovation has stagnated a bit. A lot of the “new stuff” feels forced.
    At This point in the history of cartridge development IMO it likely motivated by introducing something new, different and the latest and greatest to attract new gun and cartridge sales.
    I’ve been a gun guy for 50 years and always will be.
    Just my objective opinion. If they throw me the right product I might have to add to my collection, lol.

FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    RR. I use .357 bullets in a bolt action Ruger American , the trick is to use starline cases. They are not as thick in the neck as the Winchester cases are and that allows you to use the .357 bullets.

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    RR. I use .357 bullets in a bolt action Ruger American , the trick is to use starline cases. They are not as thick in the neck as the Winchester cases are and that allows you to use the .357 bullets.
    Good to know, my SIL has the rarr in 350L. I really like starline brass, less fiddling around. How's the accuracy?

Top Bottom