• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ABlaster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think gun/cartridge innovation has stagnated a bit. A lot of the “new stuff” feels forced.

Reactions: FLT

Baddog 0302

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Now , lets see if Winchester brings out a new rifle or partners with Ruger , Rem. Ect. to bring out rifles configured for the .422 case head .
    ABlaster , "forced" ? not nearly as big a market as in the early days of PRS when Hornady was pushing their new Creedmoor rounds by offering ammo to the top shooters and one TV host on a cable show.

jettjon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I'm not even sure how to feel on this one.
    I read the article - just as I suspected, a solution in search of a (government mandated) problem:

"These newly-designated straight-wall and primitive-cartridge states have long restricted the use of bottlenecked high-velocity rounds for big-game hunting, deeming them unsafe due to the potential for those high-velocity projectiles to travel far beyond their intended target. Whether these restrictions are unnecessary or sound reasoning, they are what they are and they have, for decades, reduced deer hunters to carrying shotguns and shooting slugs."

M118LR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    .Guess the .44 Mag popularity is dropping. Otherwise the 265 Hornady 444 Marlin load should have been more than adequate to fill this niche. But since 40 is the new darling guess Winchester found a way to make the Old New. Yet Black Rifles seem to be replacing Lever Actions in the field nowadays. I just wonder how long any of the Legends are actually going to last?

Psycho 16

Celer,Silens,Mortalis
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    .Guess the .44 Mag popularity is dropping. Otherwise the 265 Hornady 444 Marlin load should have been more than adequate to fill this niche. But since 40 is the new darling guess Winchester found a way to make the Old New. Yet Black Rifles seem to be replacing Lever Actions in the field nowadays. I just wonder how long any of the Legends are actually going to last?
    Agreed

ccc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Ahhhhhhh the new “New” “NEW” cartridge of the month that everyone just HAS TO HAVE because it kills soooooooooooooo much better than the last NEW cartridge of the month. While I just sit here on my .556, .9mm, .243, 30.06, .38, .357, .12 gauge, 30.30, you know all those old useless has been calibers that I could never depend on to put food on the table or defend my family with. I really should get with the times.

jettjon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Ahhhhhhh the new “New” “NEW” cartridge of the month that everyone just HAS TO HAVE because it kills soooooooooooooo much better than the last NEW cartridge of the month. While I just sit here on my .556, .9mm, .243, 30.06, .38, .357, .12 gauge, 30.30, you know all those old useless has been calibers that I could never depend on to put food on the table or defend my family with. I really should get with the times.
    Ain't Free Market Capitalism grand? I don't NEED a carbon fiber free flow graphite infused turbo encabulator, but I just found out about them and GOSH DARN IT I NEED ONE!

Reactions: ccc
    Top Bottom