• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    You are right. But I believe the Mag Pul TRUE FAILS,DUE TO THE MAG PUL FACTORY would be like being struck by lightning . . . TWICE.
    Of course,just guessing here.
    In life,everyday,we all interact with many different things that could fail.
    Question - - -> why do some smart guys spend $1400.++ on a LPVO then install irons ??
    As stated,I myself am not extremely tactical,a sniper,or a trainer. To make matters even worse,I do not ever wear a barbed wire tat. Looks like i'm just destined to be a "fudd". ---- SAWMAN

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    You are right. But I believe the Mag Pul TRUE FAILS,DUE TO THE MAG PUL FACTORY would be like being struck by lightning . . . TWICE.
    Of course,just guessing here.
    In life,everyday,we all interact with many different things that could fail.
    Question - - -> why do some smart guys spend $1400.++ on a LPVO then install irons ??
    As stated,I myself am not extremely tactical,a sniper,or a trainer. To make matters even worse,I do not ever wear a barbed wire tat. Looks like i'm just destined to be a "fudd". ---- SAWMAN

And all this time I pictured you with a scary beard and tats...

Bottom line for me is the fact certain things can and will happen to PMags that simply won't happen to aluminum or steel mags whether it be from heat, solvents, or hard use.

Now... go get that tattoo.... lol.

Southalabama

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Despite what they say plastic doesn’t last forever. Metal rusts. Aluminum oxidizes. Pick your poison.

I don’t rely solely on any one. I keep an assortment for shtf or when they ban them (again).

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    No sir. 23.5 years in the Nav and no tats.
    I do have plenty of ID'ing marks though. ---- SAWMAN

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Yes I have 2 roller mags. Converted them to shoot 350 legend tho so they don't get much use. Forget how I came across them. But they only hold 5 rounds and swell up a bit even with just that amount in them. Was tempted to try and see if the roller followers would slip into other mags. Just never got around to it yet. The followers tho seem to work great. The body tho seems flimsy around the top tho

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Duckyou

I don’t give a Weiner shit!
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    One would have to be a complete idiot to ever oil any plastic mag.
    A simple light spray (or wipe)with silicone does it for me.
    Anyone ever tried the Roller Mags ?? I have 10 shot and 20 shot. Working great so far. --- SAWMAN
    ADDED: I am not as "TACTICLE" as you guys. Guess I just missed the boat.

that ain’t the only boar you missed…

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    So far the wax I've found to be best. It reminds me of a freshly waxed car. Any oils etc actually attract grit and dust. Graphite I've tried and works good. But seems to wander off pretty fast. And any residue gets all over my clothes and gear alot. But yeah like a freshly waxed car.. it repels dirt.. dust.. and so far carbon etc too. I use the cheap Ole dollar store turtle spray wax.. and hose everything down good. Then just wipe it dry. Even keeps fingerprints away. I use it inside and outside of the mags too btw. And have found it even makes my empties drop free way easier. It's been very impressive. I stumbled across the trick when trying to free up the clingy followers in my ruger 57 mags. They have a metal painted steel mag inside and out. And the plastic followers they're made with wasn't jiving well with the paint. I was about ready to use some paint stripper in them to accelerate the wear and free up the followers better. Then had the idea to try that. And loved it ever since. I could be wrong. But makes alot of sense to me and wished I found it out alot sooner

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    So far the wax I've found to be best. It reminds me of a freshly waxed car. Any oils etc actually attract grit and dust. Graphite I've tried and works good. But seems to wander off pretty fast. And any residue gets all over my clothes and gear alot. But yeah like a freshly waxed car.. it repels dirt.. dust.. and so far carbon etc too. I use the cheap Ole dollar store turtle spray wax.. and hose everything down good. Then just wipe it dry. Even keeps fingerprints away. I use it inside and outside of the mags too btw. And have found it even makes my empties drop free way easier. It's been very impressive. I stumbled across the trick when trying to free up the clingy followers in my ruger 57 mags. They have a metal painted steel mag inside and out. And the plastic followers they're made with wasn't jiving well with the paint. I was about ready to use some paint stripper in them to accelerate the wear and free up the followers better. Then had the idea to try that. And loved it ever since. I could be wrong. But makes alot of sense to me and wished I found it out alot sooner

Whatever works, right?! I couple years ago I read an article about a firearm instructor who used PAM cooking spray for like a year straight, just to prove it doesn't matter what you use, as long as there's lube. Added benefit: almost every house (and every grocery and dollar store) in America will have cooking spray whether or not they own guns, so infinitely more available than Hoppes or CLP in any kind grid down environment or conflict. And it didnt have any obvious signs of being bad for parts or mags

Attachments

• 20191207_185210.jpg
      20191207_185210.jpg
      643.1 KB · Views: 65
    • 20191207_185227.jpg
      20191207_185227.jpg
      779.9 KB · Views: 58
    • 20191207_185250.jpg
      20191207_185250.jpg
      703.6 KB · Views: 62
    Last edited:

m4a1sof

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I never could decide on metal or plastic mags so I use nothing but Lancer L5AWM's now :) . Been using them for about a decade now, never had a mag related problem with either 300BLK or 5.56, 20rd or 30rd. versions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom