• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Howdy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I was watching Reddit’s r/gundeals like a hawk and refreshing Primary Arms at 5 before the hour, every hour this morning.
    They released a new batch of the side folding ZPAP at $200-250 (with mil discount) less than any other site so I jumped on it.

After doing some research, the folder is solid but the entire assembly can easily be swapped out for a traditional yugo fixed stock.. so when someone inevitably Bubbas their ZPAP I’ll pick up theirs or a surplus.

Howdy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I’ll keep the Arsenal on my radar even though the odds of them staying around are slim. Might have to add it to a long list of guns I don’t have but wish I did!
    The $900 price difference was hard to swallow for an AK but I have no doubt it’s a fine piece. I’ll take that money and start stacking some spam cans... not to mention that’s almost a CZ Scorpion Evo or Stribog, which might be up next

5lima30ret

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I’ll keep the Arsenal on my radar even though the odds of them staying around are slim. Might have to add it to a long list of guns I don’t have but wish I did!
    The $900 price difference was hard to swallow for an AK but I have no doubt it’s a fine piece. I’ll take that money and start stacking some spam cans... not to mention that’s almost a CZ Scorpion Evo or Stribog, which might be up next

I think you will find the build quality on the Zastava to be much better than what you think, especially when compared to other AK's in the same price range!

Cstokes91

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Just remember that a Xiden import ban might also include ammo;just hitting Russia with ammo sanctions would tremendously disrupt steel case 7.62x39 supplies.
    That $1800 Arsenal is a club without ammo. Of course if you have $1800 for the gun you probably can afford brass case ammo.
    I think some of the steel 7.62 comes from ukraine or could be shifted to another country aside from Russia. There's enough demand where it'll keep coming in imo.

5.45 on the other hand will get completely boned.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

polebarn

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I think some of the steel 7.62 comes from ukraine or could be shifted to another country aside from Russia. There's enough demand where it'll keep coming in imo.

5.45 on the other hand will get completely boned.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    He might be able to declare 7.62x39 as military and therefore “non-sporting”. If so, ALL imports are gone. Worse case scenario.

Realtor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I was in Vegas a few years ago, and Called the Arsenal factory while there. I'm sure their guns are nice, but the people aren't lol I never looked at them again. Good luck in your search for the perfect AK. IMO one of the best in the Kool Factor, as a gun to have in your collection. I have a couple.

polebarn

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I was in Vegas a few years ago, and Called the Arsenal factory while there. I'm sure their guns are nice, but the people aren't lol I never looked at them again. Good luck in your search for the perfect AK. IMO one of the best in the Kool Factor, as a gun to have in your collection. I have a couple.
    Not known for outstanding customer service.

Howdy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Update for everyone interested (and even those that aren't). @Realtor got me looking into the Fox, and I liked what I saw. Besides using FB Radom barrels, it seems like they contract to produce some parts for FB Radom and are contracted for rifles for foreign mil and possibly some domestic police. I also like the modularity with the more popular AKM pattern.

My old suitemates in college were all a bunch of Polish guys that were a riot so I've always had a soft spot for Poland. Atlantic just dropped a new batch of Foxes and I was able to snag a Red Classic & Polymer Plum because I couldn't decide between the 2. Cancelled my order for the ZPAP M70 (Primary Arms is taking ages to process FFL orders) but will probably be in the market for a ZPAP 92 in the future.

These things look rad.

Realtor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nice!!! I have an AK here (junk to some people) but I put a set of high gloss red furniture on it and its BEAUTIFUL! More of a show off gun that may go to the range once every 10 years. Its a C39V2 milled, came across it years ago and picked it up.... Its pretty good shooter, (heavy) but, but my go to AK is my WPB Fox. I don't think you'll be disappointed in your decision.

So you got 2 rifles?

Howdy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    I did get 2. Surprisingly, my wife didn’t kill me! She’s a redhead so I told her the Russian red could be her shooter. Officially each of the kids will get one now.

I’m thinking one will stay Classic and the other will get the Beryl rail and some modern stuff.

Howdy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nice!!! I have an AK here (junk to some people) but I put a set of high gloss red furniture on it and its BEAUTIFUL! More of a show off gun that may go to the range once every 10 years. Its a C39V2 milled, came across it years ago and picked it up.... Its pretty good shooter, (heavy) but, but my go to AK is my WPB Fox. I don't think you'll be disappointed in your decision.

So you got 2 rifles?
    The red furniture really pops on these. I would’ve liked a Russian sunburst from AF but didn’t know they’d be on sale too. They posted on AKFiles the sale was going up at 7ET/6CT so I was ready and waiting.
    Any hiccups from the Century?

Realtor

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    no issues, it had the plain wood from Century on it when I picked up. I traded a scope for a set of red furniture a guy had several years ago. I don't shoot it much because I don't want to scratch the wood lol. I'll post a pic of it if I can remember to get it out. You're right, for a plain battle rifle, change their clothes and it's completely different. One of the sexiest rifles there is if you ask me. I've even been shot at by them overseas too....

Looking forward to seeing yours as well. Thats cool, you got your wife a AK...... ;)

Top Bottom