• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 72sofsme

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    only value is 1) longer case life (more reloadings per case), and 2) wildcat forming either up or down for neck changes. the annealing (softening) of the brass in that area sure helps out over time. I just picked up an Annealeez, used to just run a drill ... both netted me the same results of longer case life for special loads. too each their own, worth it for me.

gnappi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I currently form 9x25 Dillon from 10mm brass with mixed head stamps, and unknown number of firings and had no statistically significant differences in case attrition annealed vs. not annealed. So no I do not anneal them.

I have formed a lot of .357 Sig, from .40 and have not lost enough cases to bother annealing them and even if I did, forming is easier and faster than annealing.

When I did .357 / 30 Herrett, and 7BR I annealed because they were more labor intensive to form and ream and annealing them was a preventative time investment.

kidsoncoffee

Wears a live rattlesnake as a condom
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    I have an Annealeez and to me it’s not worth the time. I annealed after every firing with Hornady 6 Creedmoor brass and Lapua BRA. I didn’t see any difference in my numbers. I was consistently around 8-10 SD with the creedmoor and around 7 SD with the BRA. Im happy with my numbers without annealing. Annealed brass does feel good when seating Bullets.
    I know it's an old topic, but if you might wanna sell that annealeez, let me know.

Top Bottom