• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FLT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    You can find good and bad in any brand of receiver, but your odds of getting a good one are substantially better with Wilson versus Anderson. Besides , I’m way to cool to own a Anderson,:cool:;)

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Like Noveski,roll marks sell.
    I just like the matching billet,lower and upper combo's.
    My 6.8 is built like that. Love the look. --- SAWMAN

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    Correct me if I'm wrong and I would buy one. Why hasn't anyone done a roll mark with the ar15 bolt face?

Dan1612

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Look at Spikes “no logo” as well as Aero Thunder Ranch, seekins, KDG, and Geissele for quality lowers without cartoonish crap on there.
    However, the best fit, finish, and tolerances I’ve seen on a lower, was hands down SOLGW. I’m a fan on the simplicity of their Loyal 9 mark.
    Good luck with your project.

Saw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    If either is “in spec” (holes, mag well, fire control pocket, etc) they should be same. Most might argue based on past history that WC has a better rep for QC so you have a better chance of their lowers being “in spec”. I own neither.

FNHman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Ive had plastic, mag, alu, name brand and non name. Mil spec is mil spec but high tolerances are allowed to leave the factory especially when time are tuff like the last 10 years. Ive had lowers that I thought might not be aligned to the upper but aligned up to other uppers so ive always had several uppers and lowers laying around to "match" them up perfectly. Never buy just one of something get 6 to 10, remember, the guy building them at the factory has several sitting on his assembly line to "match" or "pair up" so you should too when building. If you think the name brands are perfect, lol..... the guy at the bench is running into the same issues you are he just has a large stock of other parts to test fit before sending it out the door.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Andersons are for the poors, Wilson the rich and famous! theres so many other manufactures that make as good, if not better. Aero, Spikes, KE Arms, Stag... the list goes on and on. buy what you like. I have a BCM and its fantastic. any better than my old Colt 6720? don't know. they both work. my go to is an Aero M4E1 set if I can get them. Anderson is good for what it is, Wilson has that "it" factor i guess.

kaufdrop27

Jedi
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Correct me if I'm wrong and I would buy one. Why hasn't anyone done a roll mark with the ar15 bolt face?

@stage20 TJ ar15.com has in the past

No one else does because it’s trademarked and ar15.com will go after them if they do. Maybe one day when the ar15.com store comes back online the lowers will be available again. The founder and guy who ran the store passed away after a long battle with cancer from what I recall.

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    It all depends on the build I would be planning. If it was just a low-budget build for plinking, Anderson (although I would never buy an Anderson lower to begin with). If I was going to do a good quality build with good quality parts, I would buy the WC lower. Of course, WC offers them in 7075-T6 aluminum billet and 7075-T6 forged aluminum (machined to Mil-Spec Plus tolerances with Mil-Spec type 3 hard anodize black finish). All in all, the choice between an Anderson and WC lower is like choosing between an apple and an orange. They are a spectrum apart with so many other good options in between and some above.

stage20

Master
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    88   0   0
    @stage20 TJ ar15.com has in the past

No one else does because it’s trademarked and ar15.com will go after them if they do. Maybe one day when the ar15.com store comes back online the lowers will be available again. The founder and guy who ran the store passed away after a long battle with cancer from what I recall.
    Whew. That thing was pricey. I almost forgot I have a friend with a cnc router. I can have any design or lettering I want. Now I need to buy some stealth lowers! Haha.

G-rat

Sit Violentiam Regem
    Staff member
    Super Moderator
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Top Bottom