• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StraightShooter

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Has anyone purchased ammo, either new or remanufactured, from Freedom Munitions online? I have not purchased from them yet and wanting to know if there have been good experiences with them.

Thanks for any feedback.

Jpyritz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Just shot through 1000rds of 124g 9mm not too long ago. Had a few (4-5) that didn’t fire. Tap rack bang and I pressed on.

Bowhntr6pt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    They have, or had, a reputation for Ka-Booms with their .223 remanufactured ammo.

A few years ago I hosted Clay Martin for a carbine class. As he was in the middle of traveling, he had his ammo, from Freedom Munitions, shipped to me. It did not make it in time so I supplied him with .223 and 9mm for the class.

I was disappointed a few days after class when his ammo showed up... as it was Freedom Munitions. I ended up giving about half of the .223 away and shooting the other half, thank God I had no issues. The 9mm I wasn't worried about.

So... I look at it this way... while I had no issues with the small sample I shot, I still won't buy their ammo due to others' experiences. I consider Freedom and Hornady Frontier (FMJ) on the "do not buy" list.

While other brands do pop up from time to time reference pressure problems, it seems Freedom and the Frontier line make regular appearances. I even had one guy at my class have a Ka-Boom and suppressor damage shooting Frontier.

Top Bottom