• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pappasmurf

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Don't laugh too loud on the .223 at $1/rd, it's selling for that. Sure, it can be had cheaper from others sometimes, and higher from others too. I've sold 1,500 rds for $1,500 in past 3 weeks, guess I need to be LOL'ing.....
    You should be ashamed of your self you old grunt. Treating others they way they're treating others. Lmao.

Don't worry, just kidding.. I'll still stand by your motto and trust in you.

drlangley

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Don't laugh too loud on the .223 at $1/rd, it's selling for that. Sure, it can be had cheaper from others sometimes, and higher from others too. I've sold 1,500 rds for $1,500 in past 3 weeks, guess I need to be LOL'ing.....
    I guess you do... while the others are crying because they thought they had to buy it from you at that price.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    I have no doubt its selling at a $1 per round. I’ve had new shooters and people that know I’m into guns ask me where can they get ammo? Can I load them such n such caliber? Can they buy some from me? I’ve kept my nephew from buying it by giving him some, he wants to go shoot his new AR that he built(thanks Joel) several months ago. His co workers are going to every gun show and then bragging to him how they found ammo, I told him don’t waste your money. I just hand him 20-50 rounds each reloading batch to go test out for me
    I know he’s not selling it because an hour after I give it to him I can hear him shooting and then he returns the brass. He’s also been on the lookout as he goes anywhere, he found me some 380 at academy a while back (he only has a 40, 556, 22, and 20gauge) and I traded him some 40 for it and told him if he finds any ammo that I need I’ll swap him out. He bought me a couple 20 Pmags he saw at academy as thanks for the ammo, so I can’t complain. He’s a new shooter and I’ll help him out when I can.

His co workers are idiots though, one bought a youth 20 gauge shotgun and a box of 12 gauge shells for it, another bought an AR pistol, ran it dry till it wouldn’t cycle. He calls me up cause their shooting at my place to get me to help. I helped them out and gave them a good lecture on safety after one muzzle swept me. As a community we need to take every opportunity to teach these new shooters that are buying up everything under the sun.

I hope academy getting in shipments is a sign of things beginning to straighten out, and if/when it does, he and I are having a talk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T140

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Shelves were bare about an hour ago. 28 guage shells were the only thing left.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Zeroed in

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I guess you do... while the others are crying because they thought they had to buy it from you at that price.
    No, I don't think that's the case at all. They did buy it at my price, lol.
    The other whiners are whining because no one will give them ammo at last years prices, doesn't matter that the person selling it cannot buy it for what the crybaby wants to pay it for.

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Only ammo I've bought during the craze was some 77gr OTM Match for just over $1/rd; which in and of itself isn't crazy high, has it typically went for $.75-.95/rd beforehand.

My wallet is happy ammo isn't available at old 2016-2019 prices, otherwise I'd likely lay back 10K more in 556 and 9MM, without a second though. And 25K to 50K more 22LR. Heck, the last 10K in 22LR I bought was more of an after thought when Midway gave my birthday pricing and free shipping.

RHINOWSO

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    No, just someone who realizes the value in capital / hard goods, in addition to other investments. I would add another 25-50lbs in powder and 50K in primers to my previous list as well.

People are quick to forget that every round of ammo I have in my possession (or other like me) could have been purchased by anyone on the forum over the past years (aside from the special cases people love to hold out as the example - young people who just turned of age to buy firearms and ammo).

I chose to buy it, other people didn't.

Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Was in Academy late this morning. They had a bunch of 7.62x39 steel, about 8 boxes of .44 Mag and 5 boxes of .243.

Had 9mm earlier, but of course, the small amount the had was gone immediately.

dreamchaser69

Magic Maker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Was in Academy late this morning. They had a bunch of 7.62x39 steel, about 8 boxes of .44 Mag and 5 boxes of .243.

Had 9mm earlier, but of course, the small amount the had was gone immediately.

Hey man - we should coordinate a trip next time...... LOL ~ I got there about 10:15 to make another deal on some stuff - had about the same thing you mentioned. I scored a "big box" before they left the building.

ALSO - NEW SIGNS!! "LIMIT 2 BOXES PER CUSTOMER" and they were also on the shotgun ammo as well.

Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Hey man - we should coordinate a trip next time...... LOL ~ I got there about 10:15 to make another deal on some stuff - had about the same thing you mentioned. I scored a "big box" before they left the building.

ALSO - NEW SIGNS!! "LIMIT 2 BOXES PER CUSTOMER" and they were also on the shotgun ammo as well.

Hardly ever get over there. I live in Gulf Breeze and only deal with the fiasco at the Garcon Pt Bridge thing when I have to. Today wife had an appointment at Baptist Hospital. That's why I stopped at Academy. I have never "scored" any ammo there. Of course, when I get there it is usually between 10am and 2pm. Not a great time for the limited ammo that they get in.

What kind of "big box" did you get? I didn't see anything like that at the front counter or at the back where they keep the ammo (usually).

Yeah, I saw the 2 box limit. Was it 3 before?

Jason

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Just stopped in an Academy in North MS and absolutely cleaned out....gonna hit a few gun shops tomorrow!

Bay Ranger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Friend occasionally goes to the Academy outside of Jackson, MS when he goes to his Dr. Says that if he gets there early (not waiting in line to get in) he has seen 9mm and .40Cal every time he stops. He can"t say whether there is an ammo line on the delivery days since he won't go there and wait in line.

flow

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Damn yall have 10 percent sales tax? And a state income tax? Yikes

Top Bottom