• ...and so much more!
  • does he walk or get charged?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    apparently you've never been on a union job. You do someone elses job and you get sent home real quick. I doubt Alec Baldwin would have been sent home though.
    I repeat, if I’m handed a gun, I am going to check to see if it’s loaded.

MauserLarry

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I repeat, if I’m handed a gun, I am going to check to see if it’s loaded.
    I'm not saying you'd be wrong but these are union people and they have very strict rules about who does what. A grievance will be filed against you and you might not like the outcome. So that's why nobody bucks the rules. I have had to deal with them a lot down through the years (I'm non-union) and they make excellent wages, have their own retirement plan and job security and no telling what else. I'm like you, I have definite ideas about what's right and wrong so I'll stay non union.

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    I'm not saying you'd be wrong but these are union people and they have very strict rules about who does what. A grievance will be filed against you and you might not like the outcome. So that's why nobody bucks the rules. I have had to deal with them a lot down through the years (I'm non-union) and they make excellent wages, have their own retirement plan and job security and no telling what else. I'm like you, I have definite ideas about what's right and wrong so I'll stay non union.
    I have worked around Union people quite a bit. Some of the things in their contract are good for safety’s sake and employee welfare while some are downright stupid.
    But Union rules or not, I’m always going to err on the side of safety.
    In the Baldwin case, if everyone was afraid to buck the union rules and the union person failed in his duties, he should be charged.
    If you insist on having sole authority and you fail in that responsibility, you should pay the price.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    If someone hands me a firearm,and refuses to allow me to check it,I will hand it right back to them.
    Even if this was not planned,if it could have easily been prevented by the simple laws of common sence (you don't aim a gun at someone and pull the trigger), can this still be ruled an "accident" ??? --- SAWMAN

MarkS

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Didn’t the union folks walk out over a grievance for bad safety practices

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welldoya

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Didn’t the union folks walk out over a grievance for bad safety practices

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If that’s the case and they were replaced with unqualified people then the person that made that decision should be charged.
    Baldwin himself, at the very minimum, acted incredibly irresponsible and reckless.
    Nobody gets hurt when gun safety rules are followed.

BluesBrother

Master
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    The movie is a turn of last century Western. The weapon is a SSA revolver. Even if it's an incompetent, inept union armorer with limited knowledge of a SSA revolver, who would hand a person a weapon with the hammer cocked? No one not even an inexperienced armorer would do that. More to the point who accepts a weapon in that obviously unsafe condition hammer cocked? If the hammer was not cocked when handed over, than who cocked the hammer, pointed the gun in an unsafe direction, than pulled the trigger? That person is ultimately responsible for the death on an innocent. Yes, it may have been accidental but very reckless and avoidable if common sense had prevailed. The person that behaved recklessly is the person to hold responsible and yes punish. We incarcerate people who behave outside what is normal cautious adult behavior. Picture shows the armorer with SSA with hammers down, fingers out of trigger guards. She points the guns in unsafe direction. Maybe only for photo op. I think she knows enough about guns to be dangerous.

1635094316985.png

Last edited:

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Watched a YouTube meme video from the AK guy Brandon Herrara today. And he said that girl is like 24 and the daughter of a famous movie armorer. And she you'd think would know her stuff. But was quoted recently that putting blanks in a gun scares the hell out of her cause she had no clue how it worked. Or something close to that. Go watch the video and he sums it up well. But yeah guess it was a real gun also with how I keep hearing someone handed it to him and told em it was a cold gun. Which implies it's a real gun. And they just shot a scene and between the scenes the director wanted to re shoot it. And Alec says something to the affect of why don't I just shoot yall and flat aims and pulls the trigger. Shot thru one person and hitting another. Sounds like the whole thing was a total sh!t-show.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Yeah. Hearing that the reasons why staff left was due to not being allowed to live on site and was forced to drive 50 miles to the set daily.. and the fact that Alecs stunt double had 3 negligent discharges already. So if correct that was the 4th on that set.

SAWMAN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Baldwin is a real motormouth. He naturally assumes his sh!t don' stink.
    If his PR people and his lawyers don't effectively silence him,I can see him talking himself into a world of sh!t.
    Remember the episode between him and his daughter some years ago. He is a real hot head. ---- SAWMAN

DAS HUGH!

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Yep. It's why I actually believe the part I hear about him saying why don't I just shoot you and fired. Fits his personality perfectly. And if that's the case I'd say the prop master wouldn't be as much guilty. Cause the gun was loaded accordingly for a certain scene. As in not pointed at people and had to be a real bullet etc cause of close camera angles n whatnot. (They do shoot real guns in movies alot for those reasons).. and if he just willy nilly shot at people.. even if a fake prop gun with blanks that's still hazardous. Then yeah I'd say he shares alot of the blame. It can play out many ways. I see many saying no matter what he's innocent. But I don't think that's the case. Movie sets have alot of strange lingo also. Hero bullets are real bullets with no powder in them and stuff like that. So I'm not sure what a cold gun is supposed to mean. Just knew that one term. But cold could imply it's a real loaded gun but not cocked. Or unloaded totally.. or loaded with hero bullets.. or loaded with real bullets and not cocked. Or cowboy loaded on an empty chamber till cycled. So many ways to be unsure and to not check seems crazy to me. And like I said before.. the person being shot at deserves the right to look and check also imo. Plus remember Alec I think is the producer too. So that steps up his responsibility too in how things are done on set. Especially if the armor girl or woman is 24 and is quoted as being scared and not sure on things. Kinda gave me the impression she just showed up with a truckload of dad's guns and said ok here yall go now make a movie kinds thing lol. And now they'll likely want to roast her for it. And it could be her fault. But I have a feeling that like u said his past actions he's a total idiot and I doubt doubt anything

fl57caveman

eclectic atavist
    GCGF Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    So the questions are this…

1. Was Baldwin pointing and firing the gun where the director asked him to point and fire the gun or was he screwing around?
    2. What was the projectile?
    3. If the projectile was indeed a bullet, why was a live round even allowed on set?
    4. Who, besides Baldwin, failed to check the gun?
    5. Did Baldwin have an offical responsibility to check the gun himself? He certainly had a moral one.

lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    They sound like a bunch of armed insurrectionists over there. The safe and moral thing to do is lock all of them up in solitary confinement for a few years until we can really get this figured out. These people sound like domestic terrorists to me. Hell, they practice violence with their movies and get paid very well for it. I can't imagine what they are capable of in real life situations. They should be sitting right there with the Jan 6 people.

lil'skeet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I think we have to call this what it is. Armed actors rioting & shooting people because they are upset. Lock them all up!

Raven

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    If that’s the case and they were replaced with unqualified people then the person that made that decision should be charged.
    Baldwin himself, at the very minimum, acted incredibly irresponsible and reckless.
    Nobody gets hurt when gun safety rules are followed.
    He's head of the chain of command, and the shooter, so he should be relieved and charged with something... anything... the hell he gets to walk around with just an "I'm sorry"

Last edited:

maxfold

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Happens, I'm sorry! Just more obvious nowaday'' lawyers families , Doctors, Movie stars and the Old Schoolmoney!!! Power clouds the eyes of Lady Justice .

Top Bottom