• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rviray

Marksman

BluesBrother

Master
    Great idea but a few will ruin it for the many. I don't see this lasting anywhere. If ATMs are broken into and carried off, ammo machines will be as well. Despicable.

Beached

Expert
    The really great thing about ammo vending machines is you have to scan your license to purchase ammo. The information will go straight to .Gov they will know what you own caliber anyway. And bow much you purchase this is something not needed or asked for it smells fishy? This could open the door for records on ammo purchases? Fishy!!

IronBeard

Master
    The really great thing about ammo vending machines is you have to scan your license to purchase ammo. The information will go straight to .Gov they will know what you own caliber anyway. And bow much you purchase this is something not needed or asked for it smells fishy? This could open the door for records on ammo purchases? Fishy!!
    This line form the article got my attention. "The vending machine company behind this new trend, American Rounds, says it uses artificial intelligence and facial recognition technologies to verify that buyers are of legal age to buy bullets." Raises a flag for me that they are quietly slipping facial recognition and AI into our daily lives through these machines. But, if you use a self-checkout at walmart, you are already being recorded...

Rebel_Rider1969

Well Known Nuisance
    This line form the article got my attention. "The vending machine company behind this new trend, American Rounds, says it uses artificial intelligence and facial recognition technologies to verify that buyers are of legal age to buy bullets." Raises a flag for me that they are quietly slipping facial recognition and AI into our daily lives through these machines. But, if you use a self-checkout at walmart, you are already being recorded...
    If your worried about it be sure to stay away from airports! They are chock full of it. Matter of fact they have retina scanners too.

IronBeard

Master
    If your worried about it be sure to stay away from airports! They are chock full of it. Matter of fact they have retina scanners too.
    Actually, and by choice, I haven't flown since the COVID stupid.

Otherwise. Perfect. If you aren't doing anything wrong...

Well, until that pounding on your door because you were recorded as being in a certain place at certain time, and we just want to ask a few questions. Why don't you want to answer the questions? Why are you resisting??

Hello 6th Amendment.

BluesBrother

Master
    This may be the long way around the barn to get your personal information. You wouldn't be buying ammo if well you know. It's the reason I don't do smart phone app stuff. It may be convenient but they want to much information for my liking. Some people may need it because their work is miles from where they live and that's fine for them, not for me.

Reactions: FLT

Themumfordman

Master
    The whole integrating AI thing into who can buy ammo scares the crap out of me. Soon they’ll come to a “compromise” on gun legislation where we turn the process over to “impartial” AI to monitor people’s freedom.

SkyNet anyone?

Top Bottom